The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tickets are not yet available. Please try again later. Your tickets will be available in both the Ticketmaster App and here at the latest 3 days before the event.

It´s still more than 8 months until the gig so I guess I don´t have to worry.
But if you wait until only 3 days left to the gig and don't have them by then, it'll be getting late to worry :D

This is the tour that I wanted to see. Sadly - I can't go, I have plans for same date when Krakow show will take place so now I'm not a happy camper. Either way - still hoping for the parchement and maybe stranger in a strange land (best solo ever).

I'm seriously thinking about Dortmund. It looks like a nice place to stay, very convenient to get around, flights from Copenhagen. I doubt there's more arena shows to be added.

Dortmund isn't very nice. If I were you, I'd go for Leipzig instead.

This is the tour that I wanted to see. Sadly - I can't go, I have plans for same date when Krakow show will take place so now I'm not a happy camper. Either way - still hoping for the parchement and maybe stranger in a strange land (best solo ever).
On both shows? They added an extra one.

There were apparently some leaked dates since taken down after Wacken, these were:
Aug 10 - Rotterdam , Netherlands
Aug 12 - Aarhus, Denmark
Aug 15 - Odense, Denmark
Aug 22 - Helsinki, Finland
Aug 26 - Stockholm, Sweden

Time will tell if they are real or faked

There were apparently some leaked dates since taken down after Wacken, these were:
Aug 12 - Aarhus, Denmark
Aug 15 - Odense, Denmark

Just cities and dates or veneus too?

Leipzig was the weirdest Maiden show I ever experienced. DOTR-Tour in 2003- The Arena was 70% empty. It was almost spooky.

Yeah, the 2003 tour was kind of weird concerning the choices for venues in Germany. It even put them off playing Berlin for the next eight years (although Berlin crowds have always been famously difficult).
For all I know, Leipzig has changed significantly since 2003 though, so I guess it will be a more successful gig this time around.
Of course, the Dortmund gig would have the advantage of going to the only venue where not one but two official live videos were recorded. I was there for the 2006 gig, and I mean, it was okay. I just wouldn't recommend going to the Ruhr area to a person who's going to fly to Germany specifically for this gig if there are nicer options available.

Aug 12 - Aarhus, Denmark
Aug 15 - Odense, Denmark

There's no way Maiden would play 2 gigs in The Netherlands on the exact same tour leg. Yes they're quite loved here but I believe they NEVER played 2 gigs in this country unless it's one arena and one festival. Amsterdam and Rotterdam are 1 hour apart from each other. I get the fact that they book more concerts in countries like Germany since it's a much bigger country and there's hours between the venues but there's no way they do that for The Netherlands. And considering the fact that they play Amsterdam on July 11 it's weird to have Rotterdam on August 10.

I just checked and the last time they played 2 gigs in The Netherlands on the same tour (or leg) was during the X-Factour and one of those dates was a festival (Bospop). And before that it was on the No Prayer tour when they played 2 consecutive gigs (on Nov. 2 and Nov. 3) Not counting the Book of Souls tour in 2016 and 2017 because the setlists were different and also not counting the Legacy of the Beast tour because they played here in 2018 and again in 2022.

So I'd say Rotterdam date is fake but maybe that's just me. I can hardly see them doing Amsterdam on July 11, then go around Europe (from what has been announced Belgium, Italy and Germany but there's probably going to be more) and even playing at Wacken and then returning here a month later. Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, the 2003 tour was kind of weird concerning the choices for venues in Germany. It even put them off playing Berlin for the next eight years (although Berlin crowds have always been famously difficult).
For all I know, Leipzig has changed significantly since 2003 though, so I guess it will be a more successful gig this time around.
Of course, the Dortmund gig would have the advantage of going to the only venue where not one but two official live videos were recorded. I was there for the 2006 gig, and I mean, it was okay. I just wouldn't recommend going to the Ruhr area to a person who's going to fly to Germany specifically for this gig if there are nicer options available.
Was there too for the 2006 gig :cheers: Well, just my personal opinion: I wouldn't advise going to Leipzig. I think the place is ugly as fuck, but the Ruhr area has its very special charme. It only should be made clear to anybody going there not to expect a BEAUTIFUL place. But it's a COOL place. And there's plenty of interesting places more or less around the corner. Cologne isn't far, Frankfurt neither, plus many more intersting things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back