Bruce Dickinson

It's not heavy enough for me. It's grunge rock at its worst.
Hmm, “Solar Confinement”, “Meltdown”, and “Innerspace” all sound plenty heavy to me. Many of the other tracks do too, though they have some elements that might not be considered quite as heavy.

There are a lot of killer tracks on there — too bad you’re missing out.

Hmm, “Solar Confinement”, “Meltdown”, and “Innerspace” all sound plenty heavy to me. Many of the other tracks do too, though they have some elements that might not be considered quite as heavy.

There are a lot of killer tracks on there — too bad you’re missing out.
Yeah to me the only difference between grunge and more typical metal is that the riffs sound loser in grunge. The heaviness sometimes outdoes metal IMO.

I think Skunworks wasn't supposed to be a Bruce Dickinson album
Technically correct. He wanted it to basically be the self-titled debut album of Skunkworks the band, but record label marketing won that argument, and according to Bruce, the second album wouldn't have had his name on it as a solo album. He calls it his "Tin Machine" phase, as in when David Bowie wanted to disappear into a band.

History aside, Skunkworks has a lot of good material that it's a shame disappeared from his live set once he went back to metal pre-Maiden (not counting when he dusted off a few in 2002 for a show with SW alumnus Chris Dale). Could've been interesting to hear a few tracks on the AoB or TCW tours revamped with a more metal vibe.

So, when do you all think there will be some news about Bruce new solo album?

I have absolutely no clue on that, but I hope before the end of the year...

However, we'll get some Jon Lord tribute Orchestra dates soon! I think Bruce mentioned earlier that doing some Maiden tunes with that project isn't totally out of the question, but we'll see about that. Anyway, I try to get into one of those shows!

Screenshot_20220820-140505.jpg

I have absolutely no clue on that, but I hope before the end of the year...

However, we'll get some Jon Lord tribute Orchestra dates soon! I think Bruce mentioned earlier that doing some Maiden tunes with that project isn't totally out of the question, but we'll see about that. Anyway, I try to get into one of those shows!

View attachment 21735

Any idea where are those dates going to be in? Europe?

I would definitely like to have some sort of release from these shows..is there anything even planned? anybody know?
The few clips posted through the years prove that Bruce's voice definitely fits (no wonder as he was so much impressed by Ian Gillan back in the day).
Anyways, Ian Gillan celebrated his 77th birthday yesterday!

Last edited:
Back