Bruce Dickinson

Bruce's left hand looks ten years older than his right ... :blink:
beavis-and-butt-head-laughing.gif

Bloody 'ell, another one. At this rate they are going to have more beers than studio albums!!!
Doesn't Bruce get an outsized portion of the profits from specific types of Maiden merchandizing, including the beers? I thought I'd read somewhere that was part of his arrangement when he rejoined the band. If so, you can't fault the guy for hustling...LOL.

This time it is a lager, the Virtual XI of beers!!!
Poorly constructed, passionless, and consistently off the mark? Quite possibly!

However, I must admit to some curiosity about Hellcat, the supposedly malty IPL that was released late last year:
MaidenHellcat.jpg

Seems like the name is a missed opportunity, unless Robinsons has exclusive rights to using Maiden song titles for beer names...

Doesn't Bruce get an outsized portion of the profits from specific types of Maiden merchandizing, including the beers? I thought I'd read somewhere that was part of his arrangement when he rejoined the band. If so, you can't fault the guy for hustling...LOL.

Poorly constructed, passionless, and consistently off the mark? Quite possibly!

However, I must admit to some curiosity about Hellcat, the supposedly malty IPL that was released late last year:
MaidenHellcat.jpg

Seems like the name is a missed opportunity, unless Robinsons has exclusive rights to using Maiden song titles for beer names...
I've only been able to get my hands on the original Trooper Ale (which I really do like) and this....unless you really like IPAs (which I don't) you may not like this. It's not too hoppy though. I bought a six pack a couple months ago and four are still sitting in my fridge...

I've only been able to get my hands on the original Trooper Ale (which I really do like) and this....unless you really like IPAs (which I don't) you may not like this. It's not too hoppy though. I bought a six pack a couple months ago and four are still sitting in my fridge...
Thanks for the info. I've had original Trooper and Sun & Steel, which were both good. I'm not a big IPA person in general, but if they get the citrus tuned right I can get into it. I also really like Surly Furious, which is a malty IPA, so this might be in that ballpark.

My favourite one (out of the UK ones) is the original Trooper, followed by The Red and the Black. Fear of the Dark is nice, Trooper IPA is good, Hallowed is good too and Trooper 666 was not as good as it could have been (not sure a stronger Trooper really worked). Sun and Steel was a pleasant surprise (I am not a fan of lagers). The weakest one for me is, by far, Light Brigade.

Edited to include Sun and Steel.

Last edited:

I remember reading an interview with Bruce in which he mentioned that they all get a cut of the merchandising sales, but that the guy who came up with the idea gets more (25% if I remember correctly). If that is indeed the case, no wonder he is so keen to release so many different beers under the same brand.

I think they have lost the plot and what started as a nice collaboration with an independent brewery has quickly turned into a gimmick.

Last edited:
Back