LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
You non-Greek unt, all right, they've got to fucking play, all right.
1658266039040.png1658266204766.png
Perhaps Bruce was flippantly hinting that the person in question had a decrease in the ability to see to a certain degree, hence the need of a flare, or, alternatively, utilizing a playful insult - in a manner characteristic of British humour?

Perhaps Bruce was flippantly hinting that the person in question had a decrease in the ability to see to a certain degree, hence the need of a flare, or, alternatively, utilizing a playful insult - in a manner characteristic of British humour?

He might have used UNT as an insult. It does sound like the name of a union (Union of National Troubadours? Probably one defending musicians’ rights) something that Bruce is not really into. :D

Why do you think so?

If they were serious with doing a Senjutsu tour, it propably should have started in September 2022, when they had fullfilled all the postponed, pre-Covid dates. It wouldn't have been that difficult to transform the thing it into a Senjutsu set, with a short break for rehearsals. Maybe 2 or 3 new tracks from the album would have been enough, with some other stuff being replaced with Wrathchild, Running Free and 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Instead, they extended with another leg of The Legacy of the Beast tour for North America. I think this is the most obvious sign. They would rather go to North America playing two Blaze-era tracks that most of the audience never payed attention to for example, rather than add more material from their latest album.

Last edited:
I think the hype of doing a Senjutsu Tour is gone. At least for me.
But they are playing the main tracks of the album so you should be happy for that.
I’d like to hear what Steve have to say about this album. It’s very weird he’s the only one that didn’t talk about it.
the band themselves havnt actually hyped up / talked about a senjutsu tour at all since LOTB started this year, I really do think playing it in full was an idea Bruce kept throwing out there but in Maiden towers or Steve's own opinion it was anything but certain .
I really do think whatever they do next year will have perhaps one or two more Senjutsu songs added to the set with a good selection of hits and they hit up all the asian / Aus / NZ territories they cancelled then a brief Europe / NA run, its the most logical thing to do from here.
But I really do think they will back out of playing the album in full next year

To maximise profits after bleeding money for two years.

I don't think there is any question if they will tour Senjutsu, the question is if they will play the whole album or not.
as ive suggested I think they hit up all the terrotiries that had cancelled gigs and have a best of both worlds set, add in a couple more from Senjutsu with a stack of hits still call it 'Senjutsu' and everyone is happy. then to maximize profits they will hit up Europe / NA for a brief run of dates in the Main cities and places they are not this year

My dream scenario for Senjutsu tour:

Giving a break to FOTD and playing Hallowed in that spot. Only keeping Trooper, Hallowed, TNOTB and IM out of the classics and playing 6 deep cuts plus 6 Senjutsu songs.

I would rather drop NOTB and Trooper ahead of FOTD.
Disagree. Trooper had a break in 2010. Hallowed had a break 2012-2014 and 2017 thanks to the lawsuit.

FOTD, meanwhile, 2005. It deserves another, 18 years later.

TBH, Trooper can be dropped too I won't shed a single tear.

Last edited:
I think the hype of doing a Senjutsu Tour is gone. At least for me.
I’d like to hear what Steve have to say about this album. It’s very weird he’s the only one that didn’t talk about it.
It's weird, yeah. I think there will be more interviews about the album (with Steve and the whole band) when they're on the road again next year in support of it. They haven't really talked about the album tour since the start of this year's LOTB.
The hype is still on for me, I mean we will hear and see some of those great songs (or all of them) live and besides, I don't think the difference is that big if we compare it to TFF album tour time period and scenario.
My dream scenario for Senjutsu tour:

Giving a break to FOTD and playing Hallowed in that spot. Only keeping Trooper, Hallowed, TNOTB and IM out of the classics and playing 6 deep cuts plus 6 Senjutsu songs.
These 5 mandatory classics (FOTD, Trooper, HBTN, TNOTB, IM) + 4/5 deep cuts + 6 Senjutsu songs is really plausible. And one more new song, why not. I still want to hear the whole album live as much as I want to hear more deep cuts.

Edit: 15 or 16 (at most) songs.
That is something I would never have thought I'd read about modern-day Maiden songs! :lol:
Most of the intros are approx. 1 minutes long (like in a fair number of songs from the 80's), but yeah, probably more than half of all Reunion era songs have long intros.

Last edited:
These 5 mandatory classics (FOTD, Trooper, HBTN, TNOTB, IM) + 6 deep cuts + 6 Senjutsu songs (17 songs in total) is really plausible. And one more new song, why not. I still want to hear the whole album live as much as I want to hear more deep cuts.
Not really, because of the song length.

Maiden will never play past 2 hours. With those songs we are looking at 16 song setlist or even more likely a 15 song one.

Just received an Email because I won that "First To The Barrier" thing for Frankfurt next week. They wrote that further info will follow approx. 24 hours before the gig. Anybody knows how this will work exactly? EDIT: Just found the answer in the FC FAQ... but as I will be relatively late in Frankfurt, I'll miss the early entry anyway.

Last edited:
Not really, because of the song length.

Maiden will never play past 2 hours. With those songs we are looking at 16 song setlist or even more likely a 15 song one.
Yeah I'd expect 6 + 5 + 4, Senjutsu, staples, rare cuts. And no, I frankly don't think they'll play AtG. When I say rare cut, I mean Powerslave or CotD rare like on TBOS. Maybe something like SIASL could find its way in. I doubt they'll play the whole album since it's so long that they probably couldn't even do 15 songs if they wanted to hit their around 1h50min show length target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back