LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He vetoed against it.

Is there any source for this? I don't doubt you, I'm just curious if it has been mentioned somewhere. I remember someone in the IMFC reporting that he asked Rod about it in 2012 and the explanation was "they felt ATSS would go down better" or something along those lines.

As much as I would have loved to hear Infinite Dreams and I honestly think it would've been just fine, I can kind of see the reasoning behind it. The high-pitched and relatively fast-paced vocal lines in a mid-tempo song might not have been quite as comfortable as something like Afraid to Shoot Strangers which is quite easy, or Revelations where there is a lot more room for Bruce's delivery. I'm not very good at explaining what I'm after here, but Infinite Dreams is, in that sense, bit of a an oddball for the setlist position it was most likely planned on, especially if compared to mentioned examples of the same nature.

Is there any source for this? I don't doubt you, I'm just curious if it has been mentioned somewhere. I remember someone in the IMFC reporting that he asked Rod about it in 2012 and the explanation was "they felt ATSS would go down better" or something along those lines.

As much as I would have loved to hear Infinite Dreams and I honestly think it would've been just fine, I can kind of see the reasoning behind it. The high-pitched and relatively fast-paced vocal lines in a mid-tempo song might not have been quite as comfortable as something like Afraid to Shoot Strangers which is quite easy, or Revelations where there is a lot more room for Bruce's delivery. I'm not very good at explaining what I'm after here, but Infinite Dreams is, in that sense, bit of a an oddball for the setlist position it was most likely planned on, especially if compared to mentioned examples of the same nature.
The only semi-official statement I heard was from Colin (Dave's guitar tech), who said during his radio show before playing ID that they in fact rehearsed it, but in the end decided against playing it, but, they might do it in the future.

So from those words, I think they simply preferred ATSS and ID wasn't catastrophic during rehearsals.

My memory was that Bruce picked the final setlist, and I tried to find a source for that, but that might have been starting with later tours.
The first tour that Bruce picked the set for by himself was TBOS.

Apparently, before TBOS rehearsals, Steve called him and asked him "What do you want to play?", and gave him free hands with the set.

LOTB was Bruce and Rod.

@matic22 Do you remember which other tours setlists were picked by whom? Has this been mentioned in certain interviews or where?
They used to be chosen by Steve and Bruce, with an eye from Rod. After Bruce's cancer, Steve decided that it was fair to let him chose the songs he wanted/could sing. Steve has explicitly told that in interviews before and during the 2016 tour.

I find it odd that they omit classics from there sets that Bruce doesnt feel up to doing, but will include newer songs like "red and the black" which is far more challenging to his vocal chords than ID
Just when they are saying that playing new songs is like fuel for band.

But what is the difference playing new song or ATG? Adrian still needs to learn solos for both songs :D

Last edited:
Yeah check this video out, from the Swedish news about Train 666. Cool thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back