Official Hockey discussion thread

Ok, now I'm curious. What do you see as the down side to Dvorak? He's currently a better producer than the player they lost, cheaper and you have him NOW and KNOW what you have versus a who-knows-what-you-get at the next draft... 1st or not.

I mean he's decent, and maybe he does great in Montreal - but I don't think Montreal is a playoff team, and I think futures are more important than current day.

1631118299988.png

Yeeeah, you may have a more realistic view of the Habs than the Habs themselves.... They prefered to fill the hole with a trade than from within. We'll see how it pans out. Either way, it's exciting. I'm excited for this season. I was not excited for this last season and I wasn't excited when they shut down and then restarted due to covid. NOW I'm excited.

I think MTL screwed the pooch on the whole deal, they never should have let it get to the point where the offer sheet was signed. The essentially gave up a 20 year old that they recently made the #3 pick on the draft (and probably rushed to the NHL), then had to essentially trade away the compensation they received for him for Dvoroak in a desperation trade to fill in the center position .. who is a pretty solid player, but at this point in his career, he is who he is and MTL had to overpay for him. Earlier in the off season, Arizona would have been happy getting a 2nd or 3rd for him, but MTL put themselves into a corner.

Bruins are somewhat back to their winning ways. Still don't think much of their backup goalies to Rask, but they are winning more than they are losing lately so overall, I can't complain. The Hurricanes( Whalers) lost 4 in a row! They've owned the Bruins this year for in 3 games they've outscored them 15-3. Didn't like Them when they were the Whalers and I still don't like them now. Back then I used to hear, "The Whale will prevail!". F the 'Canes:)

Bruins got their asses kicked by the Hartford Whalers, I mean Carolina Hurricanes, again last night in game 1 of the 1st round of the playoffs 5-1. Including the 3 games during the regular season, they have been outscored 21-2. Dreadful. The Whale has prevailed. Ugh.

I am pulling for Carolina this year, they are a fun team to watch. I am hoping for a quick exit by Team Putin (aka the Caps)

I am pulling for Carolina this year, they are a fun team to watch. I am hoping for a quick exit by Team Putin (aka the Caps)
I'm friends with a die hard Hartford Whalers fan that lost interest in hockey for a while when they moved to Carolina. He proudly displays his framed picture of him and Ron Francis taken when he was 10. Anyway, we're rivals in everything and he is killing me and my Bruins:) So I can never go for the Hurricanes. Go Panthers/Penguins:)

I'm friends with a die hard Hartford Whalers fan that lost interest in hockey for a while when they moved to Carolina. He proudly displays his framed picture of him and Ron Francis taken when he was 10. Anyway, we're rivals in everything and he is killing me and my Bruins:) So I can never go for the Hurricanes. Go Panthers/Penguins:)
I get that .. I am more going on the "what team do I enjoy watching the most" .. right now it is them. I miss Hartford too, really cool unis

I don't think it looks very good for the Bruins. I am kinda enjoying watching the Leafs do well, with all sorts of underlying warning signs. It's my hope they go up 3-1 and then lose again. It would be very funny.

Colorado looks as good as advertised, and Florida might finally have woken up. That's my ideal finals.

I don't think it looks very good for the Bruins. I am kinda enjoying watching the Leafs do well, with all sorts of underlying warning signs. It's my hope they go up 3-1 and then lose again. It would be very funny.

Colorado looks as good as advertised, and Florida might finally have woken up. That's my ideal finals.
Yeah, Friday night's win was nice but I don't think they will win the series. Carolina just has their number. Hope the Maple Leafs beat the Lightning. As I said in a previous post I'd like to see either the Panthers or Pens win it. Definitely not the Rangers.

Czech Republic has won the battle for the 3rd place on the podium and the bronze medal at the Ice-Hockey World Championships !! :D

The country waited for that for 10 long years and thanks to their new coach, the finnish Kari Jalonen, they're finally back in the top 3 !!! :nana:

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent. The Hurricanes are playing very bland, low-event hockey in many cases, and it stinks. And I don't like the Rangers. I want whoever wins between Edmonton or Colorado to win the cup. Tired of the Lightning, too.

I'm ambivalent. The Hurricanes are playing very bland, low-event hockey in many cases, and it stinks. And I don't like the Rangers. I want whoever wins between Edmonton or Colorado to win the cup. Tired of the Lightning, too.
I agree with you as far as their play is concerned. This isn't the team I saw during the regular season. Just beat the Rangers/Lightening and all is good. Though I have a feeling that the Lightening will make it to yet another Stanley Cup final.

Back