What guitar do you play?

I play a Jackson DK2M with an alpine white finish, maple fretboard, Floyd Rose locking mechanism and Seymour Duncan pickups. These need to be replaced though.

My brother has a Fender Telecaster with a pair of songle coils that I play a fair bit. It's a lovely guitar but the single coils are no good for playing metal!

Recently I got myself an American Professional Stratocaster and it feels pretty special. I remember the day when out of the blue I decided I want to start playing guitar. It was when I was watching Rock in Rio DVD, so naturally I wanted a white Strat! I got a Squier Bullet, used it for about a year or so, sold it and went for other types of guitars. Now, many years and guitars later - inspired by the new Maiden album coming up - I decided to go back to my roots, but this time it's the real deal, my first ever USA guitar. As you can see, my choice of colour, fretboard and pickups was inspired by Janick's Strat. I love it, it's the best one I've played and I hope it'll stay with me longer than my previous instruments.

View attachment 16679

If I named my guitars, I would call it Stratego! ;)

Awesome guitar. Got an American Standard from 2008 with JB Jr. pickups. But I went with Candy Cola (Dark Red Metallic) instead.

Great pics throughout!

I have various guitars, mostly early-80s Ibanez Destroyers and Rocket Rolls, some Jackson Rhoads Vs, and various Gibsons (SGs, Firebird, Explorer, LPs). Lately, though, the last several months I keep coming back to this Les Paul Studio. Something about it... Ebony board, SD SH-6 bridge pup, and I tarted it up with a b/w/b/w/b pick guard, gold top hat knobs, and black-pearl faux binding. Even though it's about a quarter-inch thinner than my Traditional Gold Top, I use a Mono strap because after an hour my old-ass shoulder gets sore.

Attachments

• LPS.jpg
    LPS.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 13
Any of you guys tried Big bends nut sauce for Les Pauls? I have Friction remover by D'Addario and wonder if there's a difference in tuning stability.

Any of you guys tried Big bends nut sauce for Les Pauls? I have Friction remover by D'Addario and wonder if there's a difference in tuning stability.

Welcome to support, Les Pauls and tuning problems you say... Have you tried selling it?

I like Les Pauls... They're just not perfect.

To answer your question, no. I use graphite from a pencil on my guitars, but that's it.

Welcome to support, Les Pauls and tuning problems you say... Have you tried selling it?

I like Les Pauls... They're just not perfect.

To answer your question, no. I use graphite from a pencil on my guitars, but that's it.
Thanks. Haven't thought about selling, but about going back to E standard (it's down to C# standard) and buying a baritone guitar instead. But right now I can't justify it.

Nah, don't sell it. Just a joke. It's just that some things come with drawbacks from its design, and the Les Paul is one of them. Might benefit from a full setup and someone who knows what they're doing taking a look at the nut with a file in hand.

LP isn't designed wrong, it's just that it's sloppily made
I have a 2007 Standard that used to detune a lot, before I had the nut changed by someone who knows what they're doing, like Maturin said.
A few of my friends had to do the same to theirs (LPs and SGs), so I guess it's just the quality of work at Gibson :confused:

BTW: the nut and possibly the way you put the strings around the tuners are always the culprits, so concentrate on those areas. Also, when you put the new strings, make sure you bend them all the way a few times and then retune, really helps the stability

I'd say both. There are a few flaws in its design. The angled headstock design is both fragile and prone to tuning issues, compared to a Fender or similar. Gibsons electrics are all very traditional and share more with how acoustics were made before them than they had to. They look great, but it's is not the best way to do it (RE: Fender).

Ibanez AW 300 (back of the head signed by Steve Vai) and a white Ibanez RG 350.

To say that I play them, on the other hand, would be a bit of a lie :(

Back