Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I know it's stretched, but we could be getting something like Bangkok by Steve Vai. It's crazy how well it flows..
I get your point, but for me personally I've never been able to get into the guitar technicians like Vai and Malmsteen...verging on unlistenable for me. I think Satriani is the best of them....he's got some seriously melodic work. The Extremist album is great stuff. The track 'war' has a great drive and slightly middle eastern guitar riff.

Maiden have always been keen to explore longer and more complex instrumental passages...so it's a little odd to me that it hasn't resulted in at least 1 instrumental track since 84.
Maybe that's the reason. Since the reunion they started to write a lot of epic songs with long instrumental passages - for example, the instrumental section of TRATB could have been a separate instrumental song.

Btw, the song ATG was originally an instrumental or I remembered wrong?

Yep, I like those Ghost tracks too (been to Ghost since the debut Opus Eponymous came out). Nice instrumentals bring break and little variation in middle of the albums.
Anyways, I've secrectly hoped to hear new Maiden instrumental. Odd they've had few but stopped those after Losfer Words (Big 'Orra).
Sratego could be instrumental but the track lasts 4:59 which is (in Maiden norms perhaps) too long track to be instrumental. The title would be perfect for instrumental..
I love Ghost and I think both of these are the best songs of their albums actually.

Yep, I like those Ghost tracks too (been to Ghost since the debut Opus Eponymous came out). Nice instrumentals bring break and little variation in middle of the albums.
Anyways, I've secrectly hoped to hear new Maiden instrumental. Odd they've had few but stopped those after Losfer Words (Big 'Orra).
Sratego could be instrumental but the track lasts 4:59 which is (in Maiden norms perhaps) too long track to be instrumental. The title would be perfect for instrumental..
I hope Stratego will be a killer track. I don’t want it subject to ridicule. Any Google search gives you the board game and not the Latin definition. And I don’t even want to tell about the Urban Dictionary definition I ran across…

I hope Stratego will be a killer track. I don’t want it subject to ridicule. Any Google search gives you the board game and not the Latin definition. And I don’t even want to tell about the Urban Dictionary definition I ran across…
I agree and hope that it will be truly killer song. You can tell me here what you found, psst. no-one will notice..

I've always hoped for one myself, but Harris seems to have gone down a lyric/story heavy route then earlier days. I've loved some of the recent instrumentals by Ghost (Genesis and Miasma, check those tracks out). Maiden have always been keen to explore longer and more complex instrumental passages...so it's a little odd to me that it hasn't resulted in at least 1 instrumental track since 84. Judging from the blurry shots of album lyrics, I don't think we are getting one this time either
In my eyes, Miasma is a masterpiece.

And... I like very much, how Ghost's Prequelle is produced. Album sounds great. What's wrong with Steve's ears, production skills? :ninja:

If you hire professional producer, then, let him do his job. You can say 'I want, our album to sound this and that' that's all. Maybe Steve is learning, when his career in Maiden will be over, he hopes to become a Producer :D

Back