Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Could be a bad press then. I have all of those as well, and DoD just doesn't stand out. It's more high mid prominent than the rest though, that's just how it sounds. The guitars have a lot of presence. If you can, I'd be very interested to hear a recording from it and compare it to my rip.
Maybe a bit later I'll record one for you. But this'll be done with internal AT LP120 usb interface.

Reactions: Yax
Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son never sounded so close to the vinyl as on 2015 remasters. The guitars don't pierce the ears as on that crap 1998 remasters (terrible!). And I own both vinyls since the time of their releases.

The Kevin Shirley produced albums I don't think can be bettered by remastering, but, by remixing, instead. He's a great engineer and he get great sounds out of the band's rigs, the problem is the production, which is Steve's, really.

I appreciate the discussion about sound quality across different versions of albums, but:

1: it’s off topic, maybe consider starting a thread or searching for a similar thread.

2: Don’t post download links to official material. This is the first and last warning.

Senjutsu, the song has got to be something fierce with that blood thirsty menacing Samurai Eddie representing it. No way it plods or misses with a “too happy” chorus on this one.
20 or so days from now, I expect to be staring into those eyes and experiencing an explosive hard charging Maiden classic, equally as menacing blaring in my ears!

Senjutsu, the song has got to be something fierce with that blood thirsty menacing Samurai Eddie representing it. No way it plods or misses with a “too happy” chorus on this one.
Replace “Senjutsu” with “The Final Frontier” and “Samurai” with “alien” and see if your theory holds up…?

I appreciate the discussion about sound quality across different versions of albums, but:

1: it’s off topic, maybe consider starting a thread or searching for a similar thread.

2: Don’t post download links to official material. This is the first and last warning.
Sorry, I just made this rip because I was asked. Simply to compare and find the truth.

Covid in the Dickinson “household “ postponing last 2 evenings with Bruce…
Yep, this was covered in the relevant thread.

Just gone through the latest metal hammer UK podcast. They said they would have more info on Maiden in the next couple of weeks. But we knew that already, so nothing new there!

Reactions: jcv
Back