Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

4 epics from Harris? Count me the fuck in. Guys, don't worry so much about repeating choruses. Don't think that's going to be an issue. If the album is how Harry and Bruce describe it will be awesome.
I think these will be some of the best epics that Harris has written for Maiden. I think his song writing leveled up with the British Lion 2nd album and i am sure he brought some amazing ideas to the table this time with Maiden.

Book of Souls was always a super strong album for me and continues to be one of my favorites. The title track would be my fave Maiden song ever if not for Starblind. I'm filled with great hope and sunshine that the new album will be either greater than, less than, or equal to Book of Souls.

I think these will be some of the best epics that Harris has written for Maiden. I think his song writing leveled up with the British Lion 2nd album and i am sure he brought some amazing ideas to the table this time with Maiden.
Most of the songs of the second BL album were written (and played live) before BOS was composed. And it's clear that Steve does not bring the same stuff to both bands.

So... Come to think of it... Will Bruce's one-man tour turn into one-man album presser with fans across the UK? Considering that a good half of the show is cards with questions. Shall be interesting.

Also... H is on vacation in Mallorca. The only time H goes on vacation recently AFAIK is directly before Maiden activity ramps up. So, I expect a lot of interviews with the band in the next weeks.

3 non-Harris only tracks
= = = = = = =
1 Harris only track
= = = = = = =
3 non-Harris only tracks
= = = = = = =
3 Harris-only tracks

Last edited:
Amount of Harris only tracks per album

Iron Maiden: 5
Killers: 9
The Number of the Beast: 5
Piece of Mind: 4
Powerslave: 4
Somewhere in Time: 4
SSOASS: 3
No Prayer for the Dying: 3
Fear of the Dark: 5
The X-Factor: 4
Virtual XI: 4
BNW - TBOS: 1
Senjutsu: 4

I think I heard somewhere albums 1-7 are supposed to be pretty decent....yeah, fairly sure.

We can't talk about leaks on here I guess? Not that I know of one. Just checking, because although I know we'll all buy the album, I also know that we all want to listen to it (at good quality, obviously) ASAP. (Bonus H reference!)

a thought just crossed my mind...if this album was recorded in early 2019...and bruce said during the nights of the dead promotion that hes working with steve a little bit in the studio...that was late 2020 right?
I've been a long time guest and finally decided to contribute myself. :)

I'm glad that you brought this up, cause it has been on my mind since October last year. Obviously, we all knew that they recorded the new album in 2019 (which was eventually confirmed today), but in October 2020 there was an article, which stated that "Iron Maiden have been in the studio, and are gagging and ready to go". It was based on a video message from Bruce to the fans offering an update on the sextet's current activity. Bruce said: "A lot of things haven't happened this year, that's blindingly obvious, and it's very, very frustrating,” the singer states. “However, we do have plans. In the meantime, what are we doing? Well, we're doing bits of writing. I'm talking to Steve [Harris]. We've been working together a little bit in the studio. On what, I can't tell you, ’cause they'd have to kill me.”

In a recent interview with Sunday Express, Bruce stated: "I've been writing stuff for Iron Maiden which I can't tell you about but I will be able to talk about it at the one-man show. It's exciting!"

I might interpret too much, but to me, these are all clues that Maiden have been begun writing songs for album #18. Senjutsu was finished two years ago and almost ready to go, so why would they return to the studio? Why would Bruce talk about stuff he has been writing for Iron Maiden, but can't tell us about, if this only regarded the 3 songs he is credited for on the new album (#17)?

I think I heard somewhere albums 1-7 are supposed to be pretty decent....yeah, fairly sure.
Steve's songwriting in the 80's was on a another level. Look at the stuff he came up with

Phantom, Number of the Beast, Hallowed, Trooper, To Tame A Land, Rime, Infinite Dreams, Seventh Son.. Absolutely insane. In my opinion, he is by far the best song writer the world has ever seen. I am really intrigued and excited to hear the songs he has written now.

I've been a long time guest and finally decided to contribute myself. :)

I'm glad that you brought this up, cause it has been on my mind since October last year. Obviously, we all knew that they recorded the new album in 2019 (which was eventually confirmed today), but in October 2020 there was an article, which stated that "Iron Maiden have been in the studio, and are gagging and ready to go". It was based on a video message from Bruce to the fans offering an update on the sextet's current activity. Bruce said: "A lot of things haven't happened this year, that's blindingly obvious, and it's very, very frustrating,” the singer states. “However, we do have plans. In the meantime, what are we doing? Well, we're doing bits of writing. I'm talking to Steve [Harris]. We've been working together a little bit in the studio. On what, I can't tell you, ’cause they'd have to kill me.”

In a recent interview with Sunday Express, Bruce stated: "I've been writing stuff for Iron Maiden which I can't tell you about but I will be able to talk about it at the one-man show. It's exciting!"

I might interpret too much, but to me, these are all clues that Maiden have been begun writing songs for album #18. Senjutsu was finished two years ago and almost ready to go, so why would they return to the studio? Why would Bruce talk about stuff he has been writing for Iron Maiden, but can't tell us about, if this only regarded the 3 songs he is credited for on the new album (#17)?

What Bruce says doesnt always line up tho, it could just be him keeping the hype train going about album 17, I seriously doubt they have began writing and spending time in the studio for album 18 just yet,

Killers - 9! Jesus, the man wrote the whole album himself almost lol

We can't talk about leaks on here I guess? Not that I know of one. Just checking, because although I know we'll all buy the album, I also know that we all want to listen to it (at good quality, obviously) ASAP. (Bonus H reference!)
Yeah, I am 200% buying it. I would like to have the self control to avoid listening to it beforehand, but I mean…come on lol

I'm a huge fan of the this and the last album's quality of a sort of minimalist cover. Eddie is front and center, as he should be, and the details are all on him. And with Wilkinson's work, I swear if you told me Derek Riggs was the artist, I'd believe you. His style is even closer to Riggs than Grant's ever was. I like the black/dark back ground of the albums. It's stark, bold, and not super busy. We have plenty of album covers full of busy details, and they're great. But sometimes an album needs to be a statement of the band's intent, and a bold minimalist cover helps to convey that message.
I agree and could not have written this better myself. I love the 80's cover art, but most post reunion covers were too full of "sloppy" details. Sometimes, less is more. ;)

What Bruce says doesnt always line up tho, it could just be him keeping the hype train going about album 17, I seriously doubt they have began writing and spending time in the studio for album 18 just yet,
Might be, might not be, but I understand what you mean. They gotta keep the train rolling. However, I've got a gut feeling telling me something else about this. ::)

Reactions: jcv
Back