Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Also, not really related to your original thoughts, I always find it interesting that:
According to several interviews Dickinson was heavily involved in writing several of the album's songs, and in particular the tracks "Children of the Damned", "The Prisoner" and "Run to the Hills".[3] Owing to his previous band Samson's ongoing contractual issues, Dickinson could not legally have any writing credit.[4]
Must have been really frustrating for Bruce to be on his first album with Maiden, but legally couldn't get his name to any credits.

Bruce also co-wrote Gangland.

These song titles are very intriguing. Hell on earth is a title of a book about western prisoners of japan in ww2.? Darkest hour very well could be pertaining to Churchill/the pre-victory in the Battle of Britain era of WW2..?
Then the lost world, a Doyle novel about some of Steve’s favorite things: being lost/not knowing where you are, tribal warfare and dinosaurs.!
I haven’t been this excited since the first time I saw Eddie with cornrows.

You're correct about the "Hell on Earth" book!!!!
There is also a 2000's novel "The Parchment" which is often referred to as "DaVinci Code before DaVinci Code".......

Hey guys, what about the sounds from instagram? Maybe it's the first few seconds of the song Senjutsu...

4 epics from Harris? Count me the fuck in. Guys, don't worry so much about repeating choruses. Don't think that's going to be an issue. If the album is how Harry and Bruce describe it will be awesome.

I've been around for awhile @Shavasku, let me assure you that this is cyclical. TBOS was the shit for awhile, and now some people aren't fans of it. In a few years, there will be a re-assessment of it. Meanwhile, some people will fly the album's flag the whole time. It'll take about 10 years before it settles into a general consensus place. Maybe a little longer, as TFF is undergoing a bit of a re-evaluation right now.

Anyway, I know what I like. I like TBOS! There's a few songs I don't care for - as I didn't in 2015 - but overall, I still think it's a good album.
I was here when it was released and everyone was fawning over what I thought to be a total borefest.
I gave it another listen tonight and, whilst it has some interesting moments, my opinion hasn't changed.
Highlight was Murray's song. Unfortunately he's not got involved this time.
I've always adored TFF, and all the previous reunion albums are appreciated, so BOS was a huge come-down for me.
Already the new single sounds fresher somehow.

TBOS is still my #1 album, though with any luck that'll change in September.

The big confusing change to me is discussion on production - I thought at the time we were all so happy it sounded so much stronger than TFF!

TBOS is still my #1 album, though with any luck that'll change in September.

The big confusing change to me is discussion on production - I thought at the time we were all so happy it sounded so much stronger than TFF!
For me it always was a little 'muddy'. That's why a prefer live chapter to the BoS. But i still think that BoS is very strong album. Maybe in my top 5. I think that new album will be amazing, i like longer Maiden songs and WotW was exactly what I wanted.

Joe Lazarus?
Probably. Jesus, they should've gotten at least a high-scholler with a bit of PS skills. This is just dreadful.

But, if shit promo pictures are an indication of a great album music and production wise... I'm in. They can release an official photo where someone has half of his head missing.

TBOS is one of my favourites and an album that I have regularly played since it came out. The title track is my favourite Maiden song and the fact they dropped this so late in their career only fills me with confidence for the new album.

my initial thoughts on the release
- goes without saying, super hyped
- I don’t read too much into titles etc but a Gers/Harris song is sure to be immense
- i wish the Bels Feast thing was actually part of the album rather than a backing for a music vid, for me it is a complete waste
- title doesn’t feel very Maiden-y
- TBOS artwork is simply iconic but I am not so sure of another album with the a black background
- hoping this means Talking Maiden podcast will come back for a new album special

Back