New Single - The Writing on the Wall

So who plays the lead under the last chorus?

I am sure it's been discussed, but I can't be bothered going through the entire thread.

I'm sure I'm being stupid here but to my eyes the four biker Eddies of the Apocalypse seem to be five Eddies.

First, there's Killers Eddie with his axe, then Reaper Eddie, Cyborg Eddie and Powerslave Eddie. These seem to be the four horsemen written around the goat - Powerslave Eddie unleashes a plague of locusts so that makes him 'Plague', Killers Eddie could be 'Death', Cyborg Eddie is blasting away so I guess 'War', and if anyone could be 'Famine' I suppose Reaper Eddie, because of his scythe for harvesting crops?

But then there's a shot of Mayan Eddie on his bike. Where did he come from?
Notable is also the single cover showing five birds and one biker. Since the birds turn into one biker each I found that a bit strange too.

Last edited:
Notable is also the single cover showing five birds and one biker. Since the birds turn into one biker each I found that a bit strange too.
Why? Five birds (for the five horsemen) and one biker to show what it looks like.

In the video the birds are four though... but the bikers are five (plus Killers Eddie).

After many listens... Production is way way better than on TBOS. Guitars much more upfront and there's some reverb. Me likey.
The drums sound so much better too, especially the toms. Much punchier and fatter, like on the early reunion albums - not the boxy tom sound from TBOS.

The drums sound so much better too, especially the toms. Much punchier and fatter, like on the early reunion albums - not the boxy tom sound from TBOS.
I hope the album will sound consistently good as this single. After like hundreds of listens I do think this is the best sounding Maiden in the reunion era. It took this long to produce their desired live sound. It is as live as it gets, but it has power.

I hope the album will sound consistently good as this single. After like hundreds of listens I do think this is the best sounding Maiden in the reunion era. It took this long to produce their desired live sound. It is as live as it gets, but it has power.
Production is great! Just as good as on BNW if not better.

Back