Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this WOTW caper has me wonderin if they will announce that this is indeed their last album. I doubt it.
I don't think they will announce the album as their last one... even if they feel it will be.

Maybe the album will be called WOTW, but I doubt they will put the title of the album in LOTB 2022 tour poster - I don't like it to be a title of a Maiden album (doesn't sound Maidenish to me). For a single is better and I think it will be the new single's title.
-> If the album is called WOTW: it sounds like it would be the last one, but let's not forget TFF.

I hope the album contains Babylon in its title.

Last edited:
Interesting... Given that they used modified covers. But the fact that they're connected to the old albums make me uneasy.

My guess is that they will update the playlist each day so at the end new single will be on this list.

just connecting (very) disconnected dots here but what if all this is just about the new hi-rez platform Apple has adopted? they've put mp3's to rest and i'm sure they are partnering with all sorts of high-profile bands. what if this is all to break news about hi-res streams/downs of Maiden's catalog? geez, i sure as hell hope not....they would not be worth this fanfare. right? right, guys???!

Well... they are like... kind of old? I'm sure that smartphones are for them like some kind of magic - so who knows? Maybe for them it's so groundbreaking that they have to advertise it that way.

Imagine that - Virtual XI in Dolby Atmos and hi-res stream.

Despite seeming behind the times in many areas, Maiden has historically been fairy fast in adapting new audio technology (digital recording in 1990, embracing MP3s when most of the industry was caught up in piracy, jumping on streaming basically at launch, etc etc). An announcement that not only will there be a new Maiden album, but it will have an atmos mix AND the entire back catalog is also available immediately doesn’t seem too far fetched to me.

Dolby Atmos album mixes will be a niche product, just like the DVD audio surround mixes, I think. Atmos in its smallest reincarnation, demands ceiling speakers in addition to the traditional home surround setup. It’s not for the broad masses that sports 20€ headphones. We also got SA-CDs. That dried up fast as well.

But to that point, Maiden also was an early adapter for DVD-A.

I haven’t tried atmos yet but I have read a lot of mixed reviews from people using AirPods and such, so it seems like people are using headphones and cheap systems to check it out and noticing differences (for better or worse). Whether it’s atmos or something else, the writing has been on the wall for mp3s and we’re going to eventually see music made primarily for a high quality streaming format.
Dolby Atmos album mixes will be a niche product, just like the DVD audio surround mixes, I think. Atmos in its smallest reincarnation, demands ceiling speakers in addition to the traditional home surround setup. It’s not for the broad masses that sports 30€ headphones.

Reactions: Yax
There was a gimmick a while back for headphones (no idea when, just remember it), where they played around with processing to provide a weird ass eclipsing soundstage. That dried out fast as well and was rather shit. But whatever this is, it might be interesting. I've got reading to do.

I checked it out (the sample clips). Call me an old fart, but the ping-ponging panning of stuff is just annoying to me. I also prefer mono or close to mono bottom end. I guess this isn't for me at this point and neither is the treble sharpening going on. Pass.

Last edited:
They adapted it to headphones? That is news to me. Gotta check it out!
Yeah, for example I have new Xbox Wireless headphones for Series X|S and they have atmos. Quality is different that on normal system but still - its not bad but in games it is just gimmic. I dont see how this would help in case of music album.

Yeah, for example I have new Xbox Wireless headphones for Series X|S and they have atmos. Quality is different that on normal system but still - its not bad but in games it is just gimmic. I dont see how this would help in case of music album.
I can see how and why people might appreciate it. But I don't think I will.

What if we will get only the single and album will not be released this year? What if album will be released only in 2022. If that's the case, I would be disappointed.

What if we will get only the single and album will not be released this year? What if album will be released only in 2022. If that's the case, I would be disappointed.
There is no historical basis for that though. Usually albums were announced in Jun-jul and released in Sep-Oct. This should also be the case here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back