Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bels_feast sounds a lot like Belfast.

Maiden need to play a secret gig in Belfast;)
That would be cool. And I would be definitely interested in seeing Maiden in some secret gig, like pub or something more intimate venue. I've had dreams about it.
Just thinking how lucky some were who actually saw Maiden on secret gig (Cologne 2 nights and 1 in New York 1988, Milton Keynes 1990 and Norwich 1992). Is there more? Stuttgart 1983. Or the real early days when they played little places around..

That would be cool. And I would be definitely interested in seeing Maiden in some secret gig, like pub or something more intimate venue. I've had dreams about it.
Just thinking how lucky some were who actually saw Maiden on secret gig (Cologne 2 nights and 1 in New York 1988, Milton Keynes 1990 and Norwich 1992). Is there more? Stuttgart 1983. Or the real early days when they played little places around..
Well if they're in Belfast or Dublin.....IM THERE

How much would it cost if someone here on the forums would print me shirt with the design?
Im not actually sure if Im 100% yet interested but this might be fun idea to wear.
T-shirt and postages, is there even any idea of doing such or should I ask from local places who do print things?

How much would it cost if someone here on the forums would print me shirt with the design?
Im not actually sure if Im 100% yet interested but this might be fun idea to wear.
T-shirt and postages, is there even any idea of doing such or should I ask from local places who do print things?
Easier and probably cheaper to just use the tif file/design I posted. Bring it to your local place and they'll do it for you

There's also online t-shirt printing places if you Google them. Loads out there. You can just upload the design and they'll do the rest

So......potential album titles from all the clues so far?
1. Belshazzar's Feast
2. Writing On The Wall
3. The Fire's of Belshazzar
4. Tower of Babel (3 words?)
5. Fall of Babylon
6. Babylon
7. other.....

I'd vote for 'Babylon' or 'Tower Of Babel' myself.

I think its a great general theme for the artwork and album...that mines what Maiden do best. It also
feels strangely topical to today, which is something they've thought about since the 90s really.
It also sounds like a great career ender, if it is possibly the last album?
Gates Of Babylon to make Blackmore even angrier than he usually is.

Here is her secret place
From hence she comes forth on the churches in delight
Here is her cup filled with its poisons
In these horrid veils
And here, her scarlet veil woven in pestilence and war
Here is Jerusalem bound in chains
In the dens of Babylon

Roy Z is going to be thrilled if the new album has - once again - something nicked from Bruce's solo project.

Here is her secret place
From hence she comes forth on the churches in delight
Here is her cup filled with its poisons
In these horrid veils
And here, her scarlet veil woven in pestilence and war
Here is Jerusalem bound in chains
In the dens of Babylon

Roy Z is going to be thrilled if the new album has - once again - something nicked from Bruce's solo project.
Haha. Steve should totally capitalise on Bruce's talent. I think as long as Roy didn't write or cowrite the material, Steve is open to it.
Also if the general album theme is following Bruce's lead, he may have a few more writing credits in it.

I've been reading something about the Book of Daniel and I can interpret some messages of the poster.

The Book of Daniel Wikipedia page

Nebuchadnezzar's dream of four kingdoms (chapter 2)[edit]​

Main article: Daniel 2
In the second year of his reign Nebuchadnezzar has a dream. When he wakes up, he realizes that the dream has some important message, so he consults his wise men. Wary of their potential to fabricate an explanation, the king refuses to tell the wise men what he saw in his dream. Rather, he demands that his wise men tell him what the content of the dream was, and then interpret it. When the wise men protest that this is beyond the power of any man, he sentences all, including Daniel and his friends, to death. Daniel receives an explanatory vision from God: Nebuchadnezzar had seen an enormous statue with a head of gold, breast and arms of silver, belly and thighs of bronze, legs of iron, and feet of mixed iron and clay, (This statue could be Eddie) then saw the statue destroyed by a rock that turned into a mountain filling the whole earth. (The main figure of the poster) Daniel explains the dream to the king: the statue symbolized four successive kingdoms, starting with Nebuchadnezzar, all of which would be crushed by God's kingdom, which would endure forever. (LIVE FOREVER) Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges the supremacy of Daniel's god, raises Daniel over all his wise men, and places Daniel and his companions over the province of Babylon.

Nebuchadnezzar's madness (chapter 4)[edit]​

Main article: Daniel 4

Nebuchadnezzar by William Blake (between c. 1795 and 1805)
Nebuchadnezzar recounts a dream of a huge tree (Again, this could be the main figure of the poster) that is suddenly cut down at the command of a heavenly messenger. Daniel is summoned and interprets the dream. The tree is Nebuchadnezzar himself, who for seven years will lose his mind and live like a wild beast. (Man or Beast) All of this comes to pass until, at the end of the specified time, Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges that "heaven rules" and his kingdom and sanity are restored.[17]

If the rumours are to be believed then it sounds like Bruce has had a huge influence on the theme of this album! I'm pretty sure Babel and Babylon have been mentioned in prior solo albums? I'm so excited either way! New Maiden is exactly what the world needs right now.
Exactly! I agree with you. When the pandemia started this became my song for the very moment and happenings:

Nebuchadnezzar's madness (chapter 4)[edit]
Main article: Daniel 4

Nebuchadnezzar by William Blake (between c. 1795 and 1805)
Nebuchadnezzar recounts a dream of a huge tree (Again, this could be the main figure of the poster) that is suddenly cut down at the command of a heavenly messenger. Daniel is summoned and interprets the dream. The tree is Nebuchadnezzar himself, who for seven years will lose his mind and live like a wild beast. (Man or Beast) All of this comes to pass until, at the end of the specified time, Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges that "heaven rules" and his kingdom and sanity are restored.[17]

That picture is on the inside of The Chemical Wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back