Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in the BIG promotion of forthcoming album. Rod is too stingy to invest more money into.
I actually meant how teasing the album, basically. Not on the investing side... TBOS was announced out of the blue, about 1 hour after Amazon had leaked all the details... They had hinted something on Christmas 2014 card, and then boom: announced everything on June 18th

TFF was presented with a very important countdown on their website. If I recall correctly, the "discovery moment" with the revelation of El Dorado, album cover and tracklist (June 8th), had been hyped for about 7/10 days, or more.

I think there could be something similar or even bigger, this time around. I'd really like some involved presentation leading to the announcement, cause I feel this will be their last studio album, so...

There are some rumours Maiden will release the compilation with brand new song as a single - so this would be pretty pointless in my opinion.

If that means new music (even if just one track) this year, I'm totally ok with it! 'Best Of The Beast' was the first and only compilation to feature a new song, so it would be about time, 25 years later, to repeat that formula and make the release special. If we can't have an album in 2021, that would be the second best option for this year.

I think TBOS is amazing as well. In fact I like the reunion era albums as much as the 80's classics as a whole. They're different for sure, which I appreciate. They're not like every AC/DC album, including the new one, where everything sounds exactly the same (love me some AC/DC though). Is that what some fans want? Number of the Beast 2: Electric Boogaloo?

That's exactly why a new Maiden record is always very anticipated and awaited. No album of them is like the next one or the previous one.

I find it strange that people dont find their later music interesting. I love it, thinks its great. Not perfect but there are so many amazing moments. Book of Souls was just awesome.

But I do find it weird and kinda annoying how quiet they have been during covid. But im looking forward to the tour next summer. I have actually never seen Maiden live. So the show getting postponed from 2020 to 2021 and now 2021 to 2022 has been hard. And im really looking forward to new Iron Maiden music. That more then anything. A new album, their 17th studio album. When they have been active for over 40 years. That is truly amazing

'Best Of The Beast' was the first and only compilation to feature a new song, so it would be about time, 25 years later, to repeat that formula and make the release special.
It’s about as good a time as ever for “Virus 2” lmao.

It would be very, very strange if Maiden, who have given up on outdated formats like singles and DVDs to a much greater extent than most other bands, would still release a compilation.

The Rest Of The Beast (Long forgotten songs from the vault of Arry)
The Nest Of The Beast (Nicko imitating 666 bird sounds)
The Quest Of The Beast (EP with 4 versions of Quest For Fire: the re-re-remastered version, a remix, an instrumental and a rare live version)
The Crest Of The Beast (Tribute to Jethro Tull´s Crest Of A Knave album)
The Vest Of The Beast (Maiden´s greatest hits sung by Geoff Tate)

The Quest Of The Beast (EP with 4 versions of Quest For Fire: the re-re-remastered version, a remix, an instrumental and a rare live version)
The Vest Of The Beast: Geoff Tate covers his favorite Iron Maiden songs!

Is that what some fans want? Number of the Beast 2: Electric Boogaloo?
I know what I wanted, or expected, or hoped for, whatever, in 1990: an album more complex and more sinister than Seventh Son, awe-inspiring occult horror on a cosmic scale that would make your blood freeze and your head fall off from headbanging.
Then I got NPFTD.
My own fault, I know.

I know what I wanted, or expected, or hoped for, whatever, in 1990: an album more complex and more sinister than Seventh Son, awe-inspiring occult horror on a cosmic scale that would make your blood freeze and your head fall off from headbanging.
Then I got NPFTD.
My own fault, I know.
I would have liked that, too. Sounds like Cthulhu...

It would be very, very strange if Maiden, who have given up on outdated formats like singles and DVDs to a much greater extent than most other bands, would still release a compilation.
I'm guessing once they call it quits we might see some more "Eddie's Archive" type stuff

The Vest Of The Beast (Maiden´s greatest hits sung by Geoff Tate)
2020: the Number that Offed the Beast

Then I got NPFTD.
My own fault, I know.
Well, your wish was granted : you got Seasons in the Abyss ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back