Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Chris Dale regrets spilling the beans on what we basically already knew, but unfortunately I don't think there's any chance this genie goes back in the bottle anymore. It's not like we can just pretend we never saw that post and go back to whining about beer and mobile games and endless nostalgia tours.

Hi there, Chris Dale has officially asked me to make you remove this post.
Would you do it, please?

These are his words:

"Can you remove that post and article please? I didn't realise it was a secret. I thought everyoby knew there was a new album.

I don't want to spread rumours about my friend's band"

Thank you.
Ok. I'll delete it.
The significance resides not in adding to what we know, but in increasing the number of news stories and questions surrounding the album. This isn't going to pressure Rod into announcing it. But it may actually create a buzz around the album to the point that Bruce couldn't possibly go on his book tour in a few months time and say nothing about it.
No matter if Maiden wants to keep the album in secret or not, I think this question (when the new album will be released) will be the most asked to Bruce.

Anyway, I think the album will be released next year (after the short 3rd leg of LOTB tour) - if not, then it would be ridiculous.

Personally I wouldn't delete that screenshot because the content does not belong to Chris Dale (If it's on Facebook, it's Facebook). Also it would be nice lesson for him to know how social sites work, and that he can't just request deletion of something and it's done. Third reason, these are shenanigans, nothing bad will happen to Dale if he 'leaked' out what Shirley and others leaked out long time ago.

If that message really came from Dale, he’s just adding fuel to the rumor fire by acknowledging it in that way and asking to delete it.

It's all a pantomime. Maiden wouldn't let the likes of Chris Dale or Dennis Stratton know info in the first place if it was really as hush hush as deleting the posts make it seem.

I know it was different the way things were being handled back in November/December 2014, but i'm getting the exact same feeling i had back then: New album not only written and recorded, but release coming within the next few months. Just a feeling.

It's all a pantomime. Maiden wouldn't let the likes of Chris Dale or Dennis Stratton know info in the first place if it was really as hush hush as deleting the posts make it seem.
Probably, but today I got in touch with Chris, which is a very nice bloke btw, and I did what he asked me to. What happened is that I reported the news on my Maiden translations/news page on FB, a follower of my page posted the content on Skunkworks FB private group, tagging Chris Dale. So the guy noticed it got viral and here we are. Anyway... In the same week we got Bruce interview with Download where he said that "a lot of things are coming between now and the start of the tour, things which people will be chaffed and joyful about" and this news about an already finished and ready-to-go video for the new album... What if everything is coming to the light of day sooner than we would have thought?
At this point, alter 6 years, any day could be right.
June is 3 days away, and the previous two albums were presented (artwork and tracklisting) in June, just saying...

A book about the Skunkworks era. Judging by what I've gathered from the Facebook group, it sounds very interesting and hopefully will end up being well put together, but it's obviously too early to say anything for certain. :) He also mentioned that Bruce agreed to write a foreword for it!
You can submit articles about Skunkworks from old magazines (with a translation if it is not originally in English) to Chris himself. He has been asking for one year approximately, so I guess he'll still gladly receive them.
The Skunkworks Facebook page, administered by Chris Dale

What if everything is coming to the light of day sooner than we would have thought?
At this point, alter 6 years, any day could be right.
June is 3 days away, and the previous two albums were presented (artwork and tracklisting) in June, just saying...
Don't get my hopes up like that. I've been perpetually disappointed with Maiden treading water the last 2 years. Every potential opportunity to move forward is wasted with a new beer, a continuation of the cabaret tour, books and interviews about anything but Maiden etc etc.

There is no chance in hell that they will announce anything before tour. They lost too much money during covid and they are too well known to be so creative with their promo strategy.

Don't get my hopes up like that. I've been perpetually disappointed with Maiden treading water the last 2 years. Every potential opportunity to move forward is wasted with a new beer, a continuation of the cabaret tour, books and interviews about anything but Maiden etc etc.
Well, I've been perpetually disappointed for their moves over the last 2 years or more, too. But I'm starting to think that a second full year of total silence, music-wise, is maybe too much even for an ultra-lazy and filled-with-schemes band like them. And, again, June is an important month for announcements in the Maiden camp, so who knows. I don't keep my hopes up, so I won't be disappointed, but at the same time I'm not tending to exclude anything anymore, given these new events. Two hints probably too close one to another, to be completely random. I may be wrong, but I hope I'm not...

There is no chance in hell that they will announce anything before tour. They lost too much money during covid and they are too well known to be so creative with their promo strategy.

So another year of silence with an album ready since 2019? I'm not asking a full album release, if they feel it's not time yet, but at least a new single would be nothing but well received by any fan in the world, after 6 years of waiting. Do we want to face the fact they may have contract obligations from the LotB? Ok then, if so, just release the song without mentioning the album, and play it on the tour (if 2022 leg happens). The ways are many. A band like them should know well that milions of fans crave new music, at this point.

Also on the issue of an imminent release. People seem to always forget that Maiden is a boomer band, despite them operating in a pretty clear and consistent pattern:

1: The album isn’t going to come out until a tour can go with it, so 2021 is out. Book of Souls was a strange exception, but information leading up to that release seems to clearly suggest that they had every intention of touring ahead of the release. I actually think they’re probably doing everything to avoid a repeat of what happened there.

2: Maiden isn’t going to “stealth” release the album. There is going to be a good 3-4 month hype campaign as usual.

Although he was a blabbermouth he says nothing that we didn't know:
1. There's new Maiden album (We know that since early 2019. And Bruce said on tour that year: Be ready for new music soon)
2. It sounds great (What else was he going to say?, Anyway I remember when No prayer was released . He said it was sounded great. Years later said it was sounded like shit)
3. There's an awesome video for it. Well, if there's a new single, there's a new video.

The thing here is when the f***ing new album will be released? How much we have to wait?

I bet new beer will be released before the new album.

Anyway, what the book idea? What he is talking about?
I remember seeing Bruce on MTV Headbanger's Ball saying FOTD was the best album they've ever done (and Nicko says that about every release :bigsmile:). But here it's not Bruce mugging to the media but speaking privately to a mate. So maybe he's genuinely pleased with the new album.? Hopefully we all will find out relatively soon as it's been way too long.

Personally I wouldn't delete that screenshot because the content does not belong to Chris Dale (If it's on Facebook, it's Facebook). Also it would be nice lesson for him to know how social sites work, and that he can't just request deletion of something and it's done. Third reason, these are shenanigans, nothing bad will happen to Dale if he 'leaked' out what Shirley and others leaked out long time ago.
Yeah, this album has been the world's worst-kept secret for 2 years now...

The sixth day of the sixth month, after six years?
ITS ALL CLEAR111
No, the sixth day of the sixth month (on the sixth hour) is when Jon Schaffer announces that Matt Barlow is rejoining Iced Earth. Let the rejoicing begin, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back