Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although he was a blabbermouth he says nothing that we didn't know:
I agree with you. The significance resides not in adding to what we know, but in increasing the number of news stories and questions surrounding the album. This isn't going to pressure Rod into announcing it. But it may actually create a buzz around the album to the point that Bruce couldn't possibly go on his book tour in a few months time and say nothing about it. Let's see if Blabbermouth picks up the Chris Dale post.

I've understood that it'll be rather extensive documentation of the whole era. Obviously it'll probably cover Sarajevo gig as well, but it was well before recording, let alone release and gigs of the actual Skunworks era. Chris has gathered, with help from the fans, a lot of (album & concert) reviews, articles, fan experiences and whatnot, so to me, it sounds very interesting. It's not like Skunkworks period has been dug deep and covered too extensively in any media before, so I'll gladly welcome whatever anecdotes and stories they want to share of that particular period.

Chris has also, more or less, indicated that Bruce has treated that particular period with bit of sweeping attitude in his book and other sources, which is probably just Bruce's way of doing these things... he prefers to have a good story, rather than doing an extensive fact check. I'm not saying that the upcoming Dale's book will contradict with anything Bruce has said or written, but it's interesting to hear the story of Skunkworks as told by other member(s) of the band.

Hey, you know what? If this post has authentic information and isn't just meant to take the piss, it's actually some decent foundation for speculation (unlike WOTW). So this wouldn't wind me up as much.

Of course you really know that while I might have disguised my post to look like I was trying the wind you up, my real motive is to kick off an actual 6 month Maiden nerd discussion.

Let me cast the first nerd stone by saying the I believe Bruce leaked this information on purpose :eek: and that Chris deleting the post was a pantomime act to make the post seem even more juicy and scandalous!

3. There's an awesome video for it. Well, if there's a new single, there's a new video.

The thing here is when the f***ing new album will be released? How much we have to wait?

We can speculate on this as well, two options
1) they made the video therefore it must be soon
2) they made the video as there was fuck all else to do during lockdown

But still - why bother with hype at the moment? It's not like Maiden Camp was fighting for our engagement during pandemic. As marketing person I'm little bit surprised by the low level of quality and ingenuity of their marketing efforts during this period.

I agree with you. The significance resides not in adding to what we know, but in increasing the number of news stories and questions surrounding the album. This isn't going to pressure Rod into announcing it. But it may actually create a buzz around the album to the point that Bruce couldn't possibly go on his book tour in a few months time and say nothing about it. Let's see if Blabbermouth picks up the Chris Dale post.

I suspect it's the opposite, Maiden are stage managing this. Bruce suddenly appearing on podcasts and Download youtube clips and then leaking info to his mate is no coincidence. Could be Bruce marketing his own tour, but I suspect it's the start of something bigger.

I suspect it's the opposite, Maiden are stage managing this. Bruce suddenly appearing on podcasts and Download youtube clips and then leaking info to his mate is no coincidence. Could be Bruce marketing his own tour, but I suspect it's the start of something bigger.
Legacy Of The Beast Tour Leg who-cares-because-its-not-new-album. :)

Guys no you’re gonna get me excited again. :(

It’s a surprise album release. That’s why there’s just the hintiest bits of hype. It’ll be dropped randomly sometime this year on streaming and then physical copies put on sale. After the LOTB tour’s last leg they’ll slide right into the WOTW or whatever tour.

Hahahaha I got it a l l figured out. Amazing. Outstanding move.

Although he was a blabbermouth he says nothing that we didn't know:
Sure, but at least now people can be sure that there is a new album and it's recorded/finished and ready for a release (since 2019 most probably)... If he wasn't joking, of course - I don't think he was joking (especially since he deleted his post), and for what?

Actually it doesn't matter if he was joking. I believe the album was recorded in Paris in 2019 - band members spotted there, Bruce's talk about new music soon during the 2019 leg of LOTB tour and Kevin Shirley's quote of working on a not so secret project are the key evidence (for me).

And I think their original plan was to release the album after the (original) cancelled 3rd leg of LOTB tour for 2020 - so it's fitting.

Sounds boring to me but if they are happy with the idea, it's fine.

Chapter 1: Why I decided to cut my hair?
Chapter 2: The Cesna idea to travelled trough the US
Chapter 3. Why I said dirty things about Maiden then?
Chapter 4. Sarajevo War and how we ended playing there in the middle of the war.
Chapter 5. Why the bass player runs a facebook group with these stories 25 year later and why he can't leave me alone?
Chapter 6. He is a blabbermouth and he doesn't know how to keep a little secret

You could not be more mistaken about Chris Dale mate. He is a genuinely nice guy.

Chris Dale just casually confirm the new Maiden album and video - from the facebook group SKUNKWORKS

It seems he has deleted his comment, but someone has managed to make a screenshot:

View attachment 14762

Hi there, Chris Dale has officially asked me to make you remove this post.
Would you do it, please?

These are his words:

"Can you remove that post and article please? I didn't realise it was a secret. I thought everyoby knew there was a new album.

I don't want to spread rumours about my friend's band"

Thank you.

Hi there, Chris Dale has officially asked me to make you remove this post.
Would you do it, please?

These are his words:

"Can you remove that post and article please? I didn't realise it was a secret. I thought everyoby knew there was a new album.

I don't want to spread rumours about my friend's band"

Thank you.
And that's how you build hype and rumours boys and girls.

But still - why bother with hype at the moment? It's not like Maiden Camp was fighting for our engagement during pandemic. As marketing person I'm little bit surprised by the low level of quality and ingenuity of their marketing efforts during this period.
I agree 95% with that - for me, it has been the first time in about 21 years that Maiden has been badly presented and under-served by their management.

The only caveat being that the news about Paddy was a shock, and plus the hip replacement means Bruce needed downtime, so the band itself may not have been able to generate stuff for quick release...

However, the wider Maiden machine seemed utterly half assed during the pandemic period and showed a real lack of creativity. Nights of the Dead didn't do it for me at all I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back