Bruce Dickinson

Haha, that Gn'R album was horrible. I was there back in the day, and bought Appetite For Destruction when it came out..those nice times.
Weird to talk about Axl&co in this thread..:oops:

Haha, that Gn'R album was horrible.
It has "Better", "There Was A Time" and the title track, which are great GNR songs, in my opinion (I'm more of a Use Your Illusion person than an Appetite for Destruction person, by the way).
Haha, that Gn'R album was horrible. I was there back in the day, and bought Appetite For Destruction when it came out..those nice times.
Weird to talk about Axl&co in this thread..:oops:
Well, to veer back in the vague direction of the topic, "Tattooed Millionaire" was written about him, right? (well, at least the character in the video reminds me of him or Nikki Sixx) ;)

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, some "An Evening With"s in Oulu I'd be more interested in:
An Evening With
Oulun Kärpät
OLS Bandy
OYUS Rugby
Oulu Irish Elks
Oulu Northern Lights
Sentenced
Impaled Nazarene
Leevi Madetoja
You seem to know more about Oulu than I do. :D

Well, to veer back in the vague direction of the topic, "Tattooed Millionaire" was written about him, right? (well, at least the character in the video reminds me of him or Nikki Sixx) ;)

It was based on the shallow North American rock stars from the late 80s, so it could be about any of them. Nikki Sixx likes to think it is about him, as he shagged Bruce's first wife back in 1984, but Bruce has not confirmed that is the source of inspiration for that (great) track.

It was based on the shallow North American rock stars from the late 80s, so it could be about any of them. Nikki Sixx likes to think it is about him, as he shagged Bruce's first wife back in 1984, but Bruce has not confirmed that is the source of inspiration for that (great) track.

There's a story in one of the Maiden books, where Bruce says that one of the inspirations for the song is a story Steve tells, without naming names, of how he was having breakfast with another bass player from a band they were touring with. The guy was behaving pefrectly normally until a few fans came over, and then all of a sudden the guy put on this OTT "yeah Rock N Roll!" personna in front of the fans, and then when the fans left he was behaving normally again. It doesn't take too much detective work to figure out who that could have been.

I watched parts of the recent Zagreb talk on youtube. As others have pointed out, the album is coming, but not in 2020. I‘m really surprised Bruce talked about a possible “solo-tour”, he said that it would be the opposite of what Maiden are doing in terms of production, just musicians on stage, “it would be great”.
He also said that if he ever feels sorry for himself or miserable, “sometimes you just need a good slap around your head from your girlfriend.”
All in the first 10 minutes:

I watched parts of the recent Zagreb talk on youtube. As others have pointed out, the album is coming, but not in 2020. I‘m really surprised Bruce talked about a possible “solo-tour”, he said that it would be the opposite of what Maiden are doing in terms of production, just musicians on stage, “it would be great”.
He also said that if he ever feels sorry for himself or miserable, “sometimes you just need a good slap around your head from your girlfriend.”
All in the first 10 minutes:

Thanks for the link. Nice words about Blaze there too.

Hi All,
Yesterday Bruce said in Budapest, that no solo album will be released next year, but probably the year after. But there will be a good news regarding Maiden that will be announced soon.

He is not wearing his ring and he only wears the signet ring on his little finger.

Here is some tabloid thing for all who's interested:
The new girlfriend.

Edit:
Yes it is all over the newspapers already. In every language.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Yesterday Bruce said in Budapest, that no solo album will be released next year, but probably the year after. But there will be a good news regarding Maiden that will be announced soon.

He is not wearing his ring and he only wears the signet ring on his little finger.

Here is some tabloid thing for all who's interested:
The new girlfriend.
Well, our man is all over the news today! Even in the the biggest Swedish newspaper. Maybe there wasn't any recording being made and the rest of the band were just in Paris with helping him move his stuff

Hi All,

Thanks for letting us know about this. However, as with anything that Bruce says about his solo activities these days, I’ll believe him when it actually happens.

Back