Bruce Dickinson

Born in 58 and Son of a Gun are great tracks and the title track is harmless fun, the rest is pretty disposable.

The best songs are the title track and Born In '58 IMO. Son Of A Gun is not that bad, Gypsy Road and Hell On Wheels are fun rock songs, but Bruce is best when he does heavy metal. No Lies is not bad too (maybe too long) and it has a huge BYD.. TTS feel to it. Dive! Dive! Dive! is a strange fun song. Lickin' The Gun and Zulu Lulu are one of the worst songs from Bruce solo career. The cover song is nice, I suppose.

He should had added Winds Of Change to the album.

I prefer Skunkworks to Tyranny of Souls -no competition-, apart from that, I agree. ;)

Tyranny Of Souls is my second favorite album from Bruce (#1 is Accident Of Birth) - I like it a lot as a whole album. Actually, TOS is one of the albums that I love to listen from start to finish.

Last edited:
All of the albums from Bruce are great and I love them. Each have their meaning and I don't mind the little change of styles through the ride.
Have nice memories of getting Tattooed Millionaire when it came out..and it's been really long time.

Let's spend a moment talking about Bruce's most underrated album, Balls to Picasso. Sure, it's not as good as Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding, but it's definitely at least on par with Tyranny of Souls as my #3.

BTP has good songs (except maybe “Fire”) but the vocal performance, whether down to the singing itself or the production, isn’t that great. I have the same issue with “Dreamstate” from the following record and Iron Maiden’s own The Final Frontier.

Back