Bruce Dickinson

It was great. Bruce is genuinely an entertaining and witty person and has this aura of "smart simple honesty" around him. Very pleasant to listen. He shared some cool moments from the days long gone.

He said the solo album is in works. He has some drafts of songs is in process of writing, but in general he is very busy. Said he would like to do a solo tour in future, if it fits the schedule with Maiden and his other things. He would like to have Roy Z on a guitar, considering a few drummers for the live act. During this he said a sentence that could be interpreted that Maiden has new material, but it was so vague it would be just a speculation.

Another thing that I was happy to hear is him praising Dio and his voice. RJD is in my opinion one of the 3 metal singers who share the throne (with Halford and B.D.). Bruce was talking about singing exercises and different ways to make parts of his body resonate to create a full sound and basically he said Dio had something extra in his voice that noone else had (I agree) - Dio used to play the trumpet, so he was supposed to know how to make things vibrate the good way.

And yes, a small part of the night did revolve around his choice of pants and what you can or can not see. There was a certain photo with tight red pants that made the crowd very excited for a good while.

I don't remember the exact sentence, sorry. He was answering a question whether he'd like to do another solo tour. It was something close to that he'll have to figure out a way to do his own thing while doing all the things with Maiden. And if that happens if won't be near future.

It was great. Bruce is genuinely an entertaining and witty person and has this aura of "smart simple honesty" around him. Very pleasant to listen. He shared some cool moments from the days long gone.

He said the solo album is in works. He has some drafts of songs is in process of writing, but in general he is very busy. Said he would like to do a solo tour in future, if it fits the schedule with Maiden and his other things. He would like to have Roy Z on a guitar, considering a few drummers for the live act. During this he said a sentence that could be interpreted that Maiden has new material, but it was so vague it would be just a speculation.

Another thing that I was happy to hear is him praising Dio and his voice. RJD is in my opinion one of the 3 metal singers who share the throne (with Halford and B.D.). Bruce was talking about singing exercises and different ways to make parts of his body resonate to create a full sound and basically he said Dio had something extra in his voice that noone else had (I agree) - Dio used to play the trumpet, so he was supposed to know how to make things vibrate the good way.

And yes, a small part of the night did revolve around his choice of pants and what you can or can not see. There was a certain photo with tight red pants that made the crowd very excited for a good while.

View attachment 10693

Thanks for the review. I am glad you had a good time.

...considering a few drummers for the live

I think Dave Moreno (the drummer who played on the TOS album) is a good choice. Great drummer.

I also think Ronnie, Bruce and Rob are the best singers.

Bruce had said that Ronnie is one of his mentors. He indeed had something extra in his voice - like he was created to sing heavy metal. :)

Thanks mtmccox.

But wait a minute! Bruce in Europe? Ah! So the LOTB-tour has finished then? A well! Tjahee! What oh sed the ting?
Good. Good riddance, for at least a while. Let's move on to more important matters now there's still some time.

Yesterday in Zagreb Bruce said that solo album will not be released in 2020. And he would love to play at Pula arena. He also said that Maiden production is too big for Pula arena. :confused:

He said he already have demoes and working with Roy Z. He will try to record and maybe tour when he will have some time off from Maiden. He said he will be very busy in next few years.

I wonder why does it take so much time from him to actually finish the album? Maybe it was me just hearing of the album and such being done over year ago, I just had thought that it would have been already recorded and finished etc.
Even if Bruce is jack of all trades, and surely we know how busy he is doing the stuff he wants, he could have tried to sort the priorities and so..But, maybe I should have more patience and so the album will turn out to be great.

I wonder why does it take so much time from him to actually finish the album? Maybe it was me just hearing of the album and such being done over year ago, I just had thought that it would have been already recorded and finished etc.
Even if Bruce is jack of all trades, and surely we know how busy he is doing the stuff he wants, he could have tried to sort the priorities and so..But, maybe I should have more patience and so the album will turn out to be great.
His next solo album might be the one of a solo artist so he could be encouraged to get it really right, and especially to find a clear direction (like he did on BTP, SW or TCW) and not releasing a "collection" of his various latest works (TM and TOS ; AoB is a bit one-of-a-kind since Bruce more or less said he was rushed to do it, the record company even wanting him to release the demos initially).

Back