Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all hope this 3rd leg of LOTB tour to be like: 1)Give Me Ed tour or 2)TFF 2010 leg

Give Me Ed tour was 4 months(55 shows) with one brand new song.
TFF tour 2010 leg was 3 months(36 shows) with one brand new song.

It has a little difference between the two: after ''Give Me Ed'' tour they embarked on a full album tour, continuing 'till the end of 2003 and then 2004 (although they played only 1 months and 3 days (14 shows) in 2004)./ While after TFF 2010 leg the album tour was only in 2011, not played 'till the end of 2010 (but they played 7 months in 2011 (62 shows)... around the world in 66 days..).

I think the best scenario this time is: LOTB 3rd leg (May-July/April-June... or March-June), new album released in the start of August, tour for the new album starts September-December (NA and Europe) and then continuing in 2021 (world leg with more shows in Europe, SA, Japan, Australia, New Zealand...) with more shows (6 months for example). And they will have to use Ed Force One only for the 2021 leg.

EDIT: the best time for LOTB 3rd leg is from March-June (Donington as the last show)... first single released in July, album in August and the tour starts in September.

The way they tour these days the last 2 years 40 odd shows a year I think the album tour isn't starting till 2021 anywhere so ending one tour and starting another is unlikely .... we will still have an album after the legacy tour I really can't see an album in 2021 6 years after the bos

The way they tour these days the last 2 years 40 odd shows a year I think the album tour isn't starting till 2021 anywhere so ending one tour and starting another is unlikely .... we will still have an album after the legacy tour I really can't see an album in 2021 6 years after the bos

Ending one tour and starting another with 1 month break is unlikely, yeah (especially at this stage of their career.... it's not 2003 anymore), but they are still amazing live and I think it will not be a problem for them to do an extra 10-20 shows./....

And I said that I expect the album (and this is realistic) to be released in 2020. After the LOTB tour is over (if it's over until June 2020). It will be a 5 year gap after TBOS album (like it was from TFF to TBOS).

Ending one tour and starting another with 1 month break is unlikely, yeah (especially at this stage of their career.... it's not 2003 anymore), but they are still amazing live and I think it will not be a problem for them to do an extra 10-20 shows./....

And I said that I expect the album (and this is realistic) to be released in 2020. After the LOTB tour is over (if it's over until June 2020). It will be a 5 year gap after TBOS album (like it was from TFF to TBOS).
These kind of Maiden tours almost always end in early August. I'm thinking that this European run might last from late May to the beginning of August with possibly 5-10 shows in Australia, New Zealand and Bali in March (No way they get permit to play this set in China hahaha) and Japan and Korea are logistically too far without EF1.

But I somehow think this will be a Euro only run like ME...

In terms of setlist, I think they won't dare not change it at all.

I can imagine the following changes (this is not about heartfelt wishes, but about what I think is not too unlikely):
In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if they made changes taking song lengths and atmospheres into account at the expense of themactic continuity (if they do respect the latter, it would be nice to see "Paschendale" make a come-back in place of FTGGOG for example).

Last edited:
I think the legacy leg 3 is just a gap filler and it will be a brief European run I really do, album later next year setting up a world tour beginning 2021 there us no way it's being released until the tour is done tho

I agree, I see a short festival based LOTB tour summer 2020, new album release, tours in 2021 and 2022........ and then I think that will be it. Steve may continue on with British Lion, but I think the next album and resulting tour (2 legs) will be the end, just a gut feeling.

In terms of setlist, I think they won't dare not change it at all.

I can imagine the following changes (this is not about heartfelt wishes, but about what I think is not too unlikely):
In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if they made changes taking song lengths and atmospheres into account at the expense of themactic continuity (if they do respect the latter, it would be nice to see "Paschendale" make a come-back in place of FTGGOG for example).

I’d drop The Clansman and have Paschendale instead (or Brighter than a Thousand Suns, or The Longest Day, or Afraid to Shoot Strangers... there are many better war songs to play instead of The Clansman).

I would be happy seeing the same setlist though, as I think it is really strong.

I would be happy seeing the same setlist though, as I think it is really strong.
Although I'd rather not call anything unprecedented at this stage, Maiden not changing the setlist even a little for 2020 would be a bit odd. There's definitely going to be some audience crossover and well, there's obvious geographical crossover. I just hope that whatever changes they make aren't substitutions that lessen the show overall.

Although I'd rather not call anything unprecedented at this stage, Maiden not changing the setlist even a little for 2020 would be a bit odd. There's definitely going to be some audience crossover and well, there's obvious geographical crossover.

Fingers crossed for a new song.

I just hope that whatever changes they make aren't substitutions that lessen the show overall.

Hear! Hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back