Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get it up to twenty! Release four albums all at once, the definition of “a shitload of new songs”.

How about Make Your Own Album kit, where you get 40 new songs, only digitally, some empty CD's and cases, various printed album covers and separate lyric sheets (each has 1-10 scoring slots and section for hand-written notes and comments to help out in planning the running order and ranking the songs) and you can mix them up any way you like and try, if you dare, figure out the "correct" running order and multi-layered concept and ongoing story behind all of the songs.

Then everyone can share their versions of the album in a social media and even use some additional digital Eddie models from LOTB game to go with it.

Now, that would be a legacy of the Beast.

How about Make Your Own Album kit, where you get 40 new songs, only digitally, some empty CD's and cases, various printed album covers and separate lyric sheets (each has 1-10 scoring slots and section for hand-written notes and comments to help out in planning the running order and ranking the songs) and you can mix them up any way you like and try, if you dare, figure out the "correct" running order and multi-layered concept and ongoing story behind all of the songs.

Then everyone can share their versions of the album in a social media and even use some additional digital Eddie models from LOTB game to go with it.

Now, that would be a legacy of the Beast.

Nah, I say go full Zaireeka and have one CD with only the rhythm section, three discs for each of the guitarists, with solos and harmonies and one for Bruce. You'll have to play it synchonized and you'll never play it the same way again (because you will never start it at precisely the same time) + you can pick what's going to be heard and what not... the ultimate DIY Maiden experience.

Late into work today, so late getting on the queue for Belfast tickets, FFS

Price seems to be £55 plus fees, not too bad at all

Just got tickets for Maiden Belfast next year. Joined queue online at 9.05 and opened another window at 9.20. Both windows provided tickets at the same time, around 9.30. £60.50 inc fees.
Hopefully they don't announce too many gigs prior to Donnington/Belfast and I will avoid any spoilers.

Good stuff. Its very unlikely to sell out and its all general admission but still, I like to get them early. It would feel like a betrayal to wait!

Is anybody here from Belfast actually? I have a very good mate from there, Peter McAlleer .. maybe anyone knows him? Also a metalhead.

Yeah just from a nerves point of view it's nice to have them in the bag. I nearly missed out on Sabbath in the Point a few years ago by just not being arsed to book tickets because I never thought it would sell out. Ended up with seating tickets in the very back row, so presumably some of the very last to sell.

Yeah just from a nerves point of view it's nice to have them in the bag. I nearly missed out on Sabbath in the Point a few years ago by just not being arsed to book tickets because I never thought it would sell out. Ended up with seating tickets in the very back row, so presumably some of the very last to sell.
Same as that, although not quite as far back. I felt detached from the performance and I'm not convinced that it was worth it, overall. I would think twice before taking seating tickets in an arena again.

Is anybody here from Belfast actually? I have a very good mate from there, Peter McAlleer .. maybe anyone knows him? Also a metalhead.
I'm not from Belfast but I live there. The name does not ring a bell but its a small place, chances are we have met in some bar before!

So who's up for Belsonic? It's easy for a lot of us to get to Drublin and trains to Belfast seem to be cheap.

So who's up for Belsonic? It's easy for a lot of us to get to Drublin and trains to Belfast seem to be cheap.
Perhaps. If I decide to go to Download than I could probably get to Belfast from East Midlands, Birmingham or Manchester airports, but as it's a Monday it might be a bit awkward. I'd rather wait for the rest of the 2020 shows to be announced before making a decision on where we should all meet.

Yeah a place to Drublin is under a thousand.

Also my phone autocorrects Drublin to drinking

For those interested and looking into logistics, if you are going direct from Dublin airport to Belfast then the bus is the best option. If you will be in Dublin city for fun times then train all the way. And book online in advance. Buying at the station is much more expensive.

One interesting thing... Belfast ticket promo on band's Facebook doesn't mention anything about LOTB. There is a generic band photo from TFF era and that's it...

There is still hope for next year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Could the 2020 tour be the final one for Nicko?

One FC member (@Luisma was that you?) claims that prior to starting the 2019 leg of the LOTB tour they asked someone to learn the set because they were concerned Nicko might not be able to finish the tour because of his health problems (his back is mentioned as the problem). The same FC member went on to say the band "will keep touring (with someone different to Nicko in the future) and recording (with Nicko as long as he’s able)".

He definitely can! But if those are the songs he knows it's safe to assume Maiden haven't told him to learn them. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back