Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the major issue with Download (apart from it being a plodgy mess and poorly organised) - there's rarely enough of interest to justify going.

We don't know they have an album in the can. We know that Kevin Shirley was in Paris for an untitled project that was rumoured to be Iron Maiden. It could have been dubs on a live album, for all we know.
The evidence for Maiden being in Paris for 2-3 months is very extensive.

It doesn't take that amount of time to do overdubs for a live album. And frankly when you record every show you play you'd just use a recording from a different night rather than spend months overdubbing a sub par performance.

Even if Iron Maiden has recorded an album, it might not be ready to go. We all know Steve needs to go over it with a fine toothed comb to ensure it meets his standards. When has he had that time?

Where is this fine toothed comb you speak of? The last few albums have been riddled with sloppy production mistakes and rushed mixes. Steve has been going more and more towards raw, less polished production since the reunion.

Steve obviously had the time for that once they were done recording and started mixing. Nicko was back in Florida in late April so they were probably done with everything expect vocal and guitar overdubs and mixing. If Steve was in Paris most of May he had plenty of time to go over it.

The evidence for Maiden being in Paris for 2-3 months is very extensive.

It doesn't take that amount of time to do overdubs for a live album. And frankly when you record every show you play you'd just use a recording from a different night rather than spend months overdubbing a sub par performance
Kevin Shirley was in Paris for eight weeks. Various band members were in and out. I agree it looks like an album, but we don't know anything for sure. There have been absolutely zero leaks since the "recording" date.

Where is this fine toothed comb you speak of?
Just because you don't think it sounds produced doesn't mean that Steve hasn't gone over it a thousand times from every angle.

So many assumptions in this thread.

1. We don't know they have an album in the can. We know that Kevin Shirley was in Paris for an untitled project that was rumoured to be Iron Maiden. It could have been dubs on a live album, for all we know.
This is the wrong thread for this, but what the hell.. What do you think?

He was in Paris from very early March to the end of May. That is way more than 8 weeks. ;)

Yup. And he was scheduled to be there even more, but Bonamassa's drummer broke his foot, so his session was aborted before it even begun.

Anyway, back to topic... I just really hope this is TFF 2010 style tour with a new song and 1 or 2 new deep cuts in the setlist (fully expecting HCW, Clairvoyant and Wrathchild replacing the likes of WED, Icarus and FTGGOG instead...). If they are hitting Australia and NZ, they will probably do that before, like March and April, but it seems unlikely.

Yup. And he was scheduled to be there even more, but Bonamassa's drummer broke his foot, so his session was aborted before it even begun.

True, but I was just considering the time I think he was doing Maiden-related work there (from early March to the end of May, right before he went to La Rochelle).

I think we all must agree that the new album is done and ready. Band was spotted in Paris, Shirley was in Paris. C'mon, anyone heard of Occam's razor law? Stop doubting existence of the new album. It's in the can. Period. "Shitload, of new songs" is awaiting. The big question is when the album will be released. This fall, next spring or even later (i hate this option). And I highly prefer them to tour new album, not LOTB. I will be unpopular here, but BOS tour was much better, than LOTB.

It has to be a new album, hence the "shitload of new songs" comments from Bruce....

I think the legacy leg 3 is just a gap filler and it will be a brief European run I really do, album later next year setting up a world tour beginning 2021 there us no way it's being released until the tour is done tho

The amount of denial is surprising in this thread. We should have seen this coming a long time ago. My hopes are that this will be like 2014. tour and that maybe we get one new song in the set. It's not realistic to hope for more than that.

The amount of denial is surprising in this thread. We should have seen this coming a long time ago. My hopes are that this will be like 2014. tour and that maybe we get one new song in the set. It's not realistic to hope for more than that.

It’s not denial. Bruce carefully avoided saying that the 2020 shows are part of the LOTB tour.

So we all hope this 3rd leg of LOTB tour to be like: 1)Give Me Ed tour or 2)TFF 2010 leg

Give Me Ed tour was 4 months(55 shows) with one brand new song.
TFF tour 2010 leg was 3 months(36 shows) with one brand new song.

It has a little difference between the two: after ''Give Me Ed'' tour they embarked on a full album tour, continuing 'till the end of 2003 and then 2004 (although they played only 1 months and 3 days (14 shows) in 2004)./ While after TFF 2010 leg the album tour was only in 2011, not played 'till the end of 2010 (but they played 7 months in 2011 (62 shows)... around the world in 66 days..).

I think the best scenario this time is: LOTB 3rd leg (May-July/April-June... or March-June), new album released in the start of August, tour for the new album starts September-December (NA and Europe) and then continuing in 2021 (world leg with more shows in Europe, SA, Japan, Australia, New Zealand...) with more shows (6 months for example). And they will have to use Ed Force One only for the 2021 leg.

EDIT: the best time for LOTB 3rd leg is from March-June (Donington as the last show)... first single released in July, album in August and the tour starts in September.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back