Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Heres a pic I haven't seen before.

I saw Bruce on Saturday at his book show in Bergen. He talked about this guitar.

He mentioned was blue - I had previously thought it was brown or burl topped. :D

He also said he smashed it in Rio, on the sound desk at the side of the stage, because the sound was so awful. That's how he cut his head open, because he cracked it with the guitar as he lifted it up. :(

He went out and threw the floor wedges off the stage too. :D

Attachments

• IMG-20190306-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20190306-WA0018.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 55
Is that a Dean Cadillac on the right of the last photo? Looks like the Dean logo on the headstock, but I've never seen that shape before. Looks much better than the giant pointy headstocks they have now.

Is that a Dean Cadillac on the right of the last photo? Looks like the Dean logo on the headstock, but I've never seen that shape before. Looks much better than the giant pointy headstocks they have now.

It is. Bruce played that on LAD.

Does anyone know something more about guitars that Steve uses? I had nice article about his classic guitar with info on not working parts like tone knob or rusted truss rod but I lost it :(

I watch British Lion videos and I noticed that he switch guitars very often, with Maiden it's almost like he doesn't bother with his rig and use same stuff over and over so why British Lion is different?

I'm planning to build Steve bass copy on budget so I'm quite interested in his gear.

AFAIK It's 'just' a mid-70s spec Fender P-bass (not sure about body wood).

Oh, and apparently Rotosound makes 'Arry signature strings

I'm more interested in things like bridge, for pickups I'll use probably his signatures. And since it's a budget guitar I'll probably buy Squier Classic Vibe 70s in black to get look from Wratchild video. :)

I'm most curious about reason for so many guitar changes with British Lion.

PS. I found the interview about guitar:
Harris’ main Fender Precision is believed to be from 1971. This bass was white, then black, then blue sparkle, and is now white again, featuring the West Ham United Football crest. The bass also has a Badass bridge, Seymour Duncan pickups, and a graphite nut. “The tone control is not wired—it’s full-on,” says Kenney. “The action is as low as it can go, but the truss-rod is rusted into position, so I can’t adjust it anymore. I use Bourns pots because they are sealed and we had big problems with sweat for a while.” Kenney says that Harris’ Precision is fairly heavy, and most likely made from western big-leaf maple, rather than alder or ash

Last edited:
I'm more interested in things like bridge, for pickups I'll use probably his signatures. And since it's a budget guitar I'll probably buy Squier Classic Vibe 70s in black to get look from Wratchild video. :)

I'm most curious about reason for so many guitar changes with British Lion.

Get a CBS-era style P-bass with a maple fingerboard. That's the first step. Preferably a heavy one. Next, you put on a Badass II bridge, if you can get hold of it (they are discontinued). If not, source a Fender Hi-Mass bridge, which was developed as a Badass replacement by Fender and Geddy Lee (to be used on Geddy's signature Jazz bass and is also used on Steve's sigs). Next, you put in an anodized metal pickguard and a Seymour Duncan Steve Harris signature pickup. Last step is to disconnect the tone control and you have a budget Harris P-Bass clone.

P.S. If you want an black version of it, you should look into spray-painting the bass yourself (if you are handy with things like it), since I think that's how Steve did it (it was matte black). But if you buy a poly black one, you can reach the same effect with a bit of steel wool on the lacquer.

Get a CBS-era style P-bass with a maple fingerboard. That's the first step. Preferably a heavy one. Next, you put on a Badass II bridge, if you can get hold of it (they are discontinued). If not, source a Fender Hi-Mass bridge, which was developed as a Badass replacement by Fender and Geddy Lee (to be used on Geddy's signature Jazz bass and is also used on Steve's sigs). Next, you put in an anodized metal pickguard and a Seymour Duncan Steve Harris signature pickup. Last step is to disconnect the tone control and you have a budget Harris P-Bass clone.

P.S. If you want an black version of it, you should look into spray-painting the bass yourself (if you are handy with things like it), since I think that's how Steve did it (it was matte black). But if you buy a poly black one, you can reach the same effect with a bit of steel wool on the lacquer.
Thanks, but I just check the prices and with prices in my country I'll probably buy signature at same cost - Squier P-Bass can cost here around 45 - 50% of signature model price, rest of the pieces together will put me around 85% of the full signature price so probably it's just not worth it.

This is a pic when I was at Hard Rock Cafe in Paris on 1997 and I found a blue guitar used by Dave in the Seventh Son album and Monsters of Rock.
NOW I know that Dave never used that guitar. Just signed to Hard Rock Cafe as a fake Artist Guitar.
They are differents for the pickups and FR Bridge and I also think that the colour is not the same.
LIFE SUCKS! xd

DM_ESP.jpg

So, Steve is a Orange amps artist now...

Saw this coming, since Ade Emsley is the technical director.

So, Steve is a Orange amps artist now...

Saw this coming, since Ade Emsley is the technical director.
Forgot to mention this earlier but I absolutely love what a rousing endorsement it is:

5AiKaIt.png

I assume this means this is one of those "these products are cool, not that I actually use them" type endorsements, but even by those standards that's not a particularly marketable quote and I wish I knew how we ended up here. Did Steve just recommend Orange amps as a favor for a friend or something?

Forgot to mention this earlier but I absolutely love what a rousing endorsement it is:

5AiKaIt.png

I assume this means this is one of those "these products are cool, not that I actually use them" type endorsements, but even by those standards that's not a particularly marketable quote and I wish I knew how we ended up here. Did Steve just recommend Orange amps as a favor for a friend or something?

Closest I got to my trusty sound? LMAO. He used the same amps from 1982 until recently (with the exception of 1993-1998 when he used Trace Elliots).

Ade Emsley is the owner of Orange amps. Does this ring a bell? Yes the guy, who is mastering all of Maiden's work.

Back