365 Albums In One Year

Most people will never like it even if they try their hardest. I don't think every artist that does it is great, but some of them knock it out of the park. Amputated's Wading Through Rancid Offal and Inhumano's Torturas De Almas Oscuras are my favorites because they manage to come up with a demented idea and then create it musically through the brutality.

Apparently Acid Bath's When the Kite String Pops is at a whopping 100% approval rating on Google. Wow.

Not that it means much, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Yes, but it doesn't impact the listen and, to my mind, makes it feel more like a journey through man's depravity. Long albums need something to make the length necessary, and When The Kite String Pops has that. So do Haunted and The Call Of The Wretched Sea, for that matter.

I think you suffer from the same issues I have - instead of just listening to something, you think about listening to something instead, and by the time you're ready, you could've heard the album ten times. :p

I think you suffer from the same issues I have - instead of just listening to something, you think about listening to something instead, and by the time you're ready, you could've heard the album ten times. :p
Exactly. Particularly when an album is long af, I just look at it and think, "do I really need to?" And most of the time, by the time I actually listen to it, I'm like "yes, I did".

Part of this 365 albums goal has been to throw that aside and just bite the bullet. Doesn't always work, but I'm getting better at it.

Exactly. Particularly when an album is long af, I just look at it and think, "do I really need to?" And most of the time, by the time I actually listen to it, I'm like "yes, I did".
There are several double albums that I have set aside for when I have the proper time to actually listen to them. Since I feel like acclaimed double albums are worth proper listens and likely are amazing albums despite their unnatural length

Give me one of your double albums. Im gettin bored of my own music and need a change.

Well the 5 I have currently lined up are: UYI I and II; TBOS; And Justice for All and Master of Puppets. But once I graduate in a month, I intend on going through the Schenker years of UFO which I have really liked from what I've heard thus far. Among other albums I intended to listen to...

Also Might do a few live albums, been holding off on them but there are a few that I might throw in at some point

-----

40/365
BlueOysterCultSecretTreaties.jpg

Secret Treaties - Blue Oyster Cult
Format: Youtube Audio

Career of Evil - A mid paced but heavy sounding opening track. An enjoyable track, not really the BOC I know but regardless a solid track. -8/10

Subhuman - The instrumentation on this track is really strong. Vocally it isn't amazing. I feel like these songs have so much potential to be immense live. But fall a little short based on the available production of the time period - 7.5/10

Dominance and Submission - A really strong track. It has nice guitar work fairly straightforward feeling to it but it screams 70s rock n roll - 8.5/10

ME 262 - A fast paced song, love the air raid siren portion, overall a really strong track - 9/10

Cagey Cretins - Instrumentally I really like this track. Vocally I don't what so ever. - 6.5/10

Harvester of Eyes - Once again wicked instrumental, this time the vocals are much better than before and overall the song is a solid one - 8/10

Flaming Telepaths - Keys driven, some decent guitar work, this track screams live performance to me. Dynamic and enjoyable - 8/10

Astronomy - A clear shift occurs as the final track starts, the piano intro and very clear vocals begin. This song rules, great song through and through, just wish it was a little heavier - 9.5/10

Overall 81%

Last edited:
If this album holds up as well as Haunted does, then I think I've become a full-fledged Poe fan.

POE - HELLO
hello-559ad7956a8f7.jpg

Album 65/365

Tracks:

1. "Hello" - Okay, I remember this opening, must've been reused on Haunted as a sound bit. She's both singing and mock singing at the same time. It's pretty good! I like that "la da da da da da" thing. I'd say it's enough to get a 9/10 right now.
  2. "Trigger Happy Jack (Drive By A Go-Go)" - There's a pretty cool grunge vibe here that reminds me of Veruca Salt. It's another pretty solid song. 8/10
  3. "Choking The Cherry" - Decent but not really mindblowing. The grunge influence is again quite obvious. 7/10
  4. "That Day" - Damn, this song is dark. I like it. 9/10
  5. "Angry Johnny" - This was another pretty good song. Love the vocals on the chorus. 9/1o
  6. "Dolphin" - This seems like a really bitter album, but this is another cool song, quite tranquil stuff. 9/10
  7. "Another World" - Poe uses a lot of hip hop stuff on this album (as she did on Haunted), but it doesn't seem worked in as well IMO. This song is the worst offender of it thus far. It's not bad, but it's really average. 5/10
  8. "Fingertips" - This is a little better but not by much. She does some nice singing on this song but it just sounds like a weird '40s meets '90s song. 6/10
  9. "Beautiful Girl" - This quite nice. I like. 9/10
  10. "Junkie" - Well that was boring. I feel like at any moment it's gonna turn into a depressed version of Sesame Street. 4/10
  11. "Fly Away" - Great closer. 9/10
Inconsistent release. Not the worst but not the best, and it's crazy to see the big step up from this to Haunted. At any rate... sad to know that these are the only two albums she's ever released. Hope we get something in the future.

Rating: 76%

@Number 6 you should really check out Poe soon because I won't stop pestering you until you do. :D She's quickly become a contender for my favorite artists list. Haunted is so good, and Hello has some great songs too. I'll probably check out Conjure One's first two albums as well because there's five of her songs on there. Like, it's '90s alt / trip hop / pop stuff, and she is just a genius. I hope she releases new music someday.

From what you're saying about her, I think I might become a fan as well. I'm getting more and more curious to listen to her albums. I'll find some time tomorrow to hear at least one of them.

You may wanna start with Hello because it's shorter, and because you'll have your mind blown with how much better she became in five years with Haunted. Hello does have some grunge influence though, and some meh songs, but stuff like "Angry Johnny" is great.

@Diesel 11, I'm listening to Hello right now. Title track. Her voice and the production are so mesmerizing, I can't fucking focus on the lyrics. I couldn't tell you what this song is about. I'm loving it though!

Yeah, she’s the kind of person who you just listen to in awe and then dive into the lyrics after the fact. They’re good lyrics too.

“Angry Johnny” is my favorite on the album and has become one of my favorites from her overall.

Back