Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

That wine-red Les Paul looks like a Deluxe that was routed for humbuckers.

(That guitar was probably another one of those that were sold to finance the Kossoff strat)

Steve, Adrian and Dave all have a signature model guitar, but does Janick have? I think not - maybe his black and white Fender Strat. o_O

He's with this company Sandberg. Curious that Fender didn't give him a signature model given that he's exclusively used them most of his career.

Well, it’s not that curious...

Well, I guess it's understandable that Fender wouldn't want to build him a nice guitar only for him to throw it around. :lol:

Really though, far less noteworthy guitar players have had signature models. Janick is part of one of the most iconic metal bands out there, why shouldn't he get one? It's very strange to me that he had to go with a model/brand that he's not known for using. It's like Slash and his signature Firebird.

Again, Jan's strats are all basically 62 or 64 reissues with changed electronics. It would make much more sense if Seymour Duncan brought out Janick Gers signature pickguard.

Makes sense :)

What about this? Kosoff pre black paint, perhaps?
No, because it has a CBS headstock (the big one). But i think that is the Kossoff pickguard. It's possible this is the 70's Strat from Women In Uniform video before itwas refinished and got the black pickguard with 2 PAFs.

76F6A526-E4D9-4FDB-8E6C-8F19FC1A22EE.jpeg
No, because it has a CBS headstock (the big one). But i think that is the Kossoff pickguard. It's possible this is the 70's Strat from Women In Uniform video before itwas refinished and got the black pickguard with 2 PAFs.

The guitar he played in the Women in Uniform video is the Kossoff strat with black pick guard and PAF style pickups. Dave did not have a black CBS strat.

Came across this on the internet. I missed the actual auction, but this is the first Dave Murray owned guitar I have seen that was sold off and it looks legitimate.

I am guessing this was the first guitar given to him by ESP prior to the similarly spec'd ice blue model that showed up on the Somewhere on Tour. I have a vague recollection of seeing him with this guitar on stage, but cannot locate any videos or pictures to support that memory.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/esp-custom-strat-1984-japanese-used-1539239119

Found a TV promo video where he appears to be playing this guitar.

A still picture from the above video:

Attachments

• 2D375CCF-8C8F-4AA6-AB9D-3FCA21D27F71.jpeg
    2D375CCF-8C8F-4AA6-AB9D-3FCA21D27F71.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 39
Back