Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

It's a Fender Custop shop HSH Stratocaster that made it's first appearance when Dave played with Alice Cooper in Hawaii in 2015. 70's headstock is a tribute to Hendrix according to Collin. It used to have a JB/Custom Alternative 8 pickup combo in white during TBOS tour in white, but that was switched with zebra JB/59 before 2016 Prague show.

It's basically an updated version of the Kossoff strat. That is what Collin said about it.

Also this guitar is preceeded by a Mexican prototype with similar spec, because Dave wanted to see if this pickup combo works for him.

Any idea what single coil pickup is being used in the middle?

Green Jackson story as told by someone on Instagram (elliotsteven):

The green signature was first produced when a fan wanted to get his Jackson Adrian Smith in green and asked the company if they could do so. Then, people at Jackson said they couldn't do it with out H's approval. So the fan asked Adrian and he said sure and also got himself one.

So what happened next (according to my logic): H ordered the Jackson and recieved it from Custom Shop in 2016. At first he didn't think much about it and only used it on Hallowed, But during the Australian portion of the tour, he grew fond of it and started using it more and more. He usually switches his main guitar every 10 years or so (CS HSH Jackson 1986-1996, Sunburst Strat 1996-2007, 8432 CS Jackson 2008-2017, Green CS Jackson 2018-...) and he was already preparing for that switch during TBOS tour with the production Signature Jackson with JB, but he became more fond of the green one, so that became his main guitar.

So, there are 2 Custom Shop green Jacksons from 2016 in existance. One is H's and is his main guitar and the other belongs to a fan.

All that said, I think a CS signature guitar that would go great with LOTB church theme, would be a red sunburst, with see-through quilted maple top, maple neck, black pickguard and gold hardware.

This finish:
RB_Finished%203.jpg

The green signature was first produced when a fan wanted to get his Jackson Adrian Smith in green and asked the company if they could do so. Then, people at Jackson said they couldn't do it with out H's approval. So the fan asked Adrian and he said sure and also got himself one.

That's cool, but seems like a very roundabout way of getting one. Would it not have been easier to buy a standard white one and have it refinished?

I remember seeing this beauty a while back, the owner had it refinished and was selling it. I couldn't justify the cost at the time or I would've snapped it up.

$_86.JPG

That's cool, but seems like a very roundabout way of getting one. Would it not have been easier to buy a standard white one and have it refinished?

I remember seeing this beauty a while back, the owner had it refinished and was selling it. I couldn't justify the cost at the time or I would've snapped it up.

$_86.JPG

No. Because standard ones don't have a quilted maple top. And that is probably also the reason, why they needed Adrian's permission, because they needed to change the construction of guitar, not just the colour.

Courtney, the girl from Iron Maidens has a green one, but it's a solid colour, so no permission needed. But if you want a maple top, you are changing too much and an artist needs to confirm that he/she's ok with that.

No. Because standard ones don't have a quilted maple top. And that is probably also the reason, why they needed Adrian's permission, because they needed to change the construction of guitar, not just the colour.

Courtney, the girl from Iron Maidens has a green one, but it's a solid colour, so no permission needed. But if you want a maple top, you are changing too much and an artist needs to confirm that he/she's ok with that.

H gave the approval in her case, too. See in this interview: https://allthatshreds.com/iron-maidens-axe-master-courtney-cox/

My green Adrian Smith model is a one of a kind gift Jackson had made for me. I saw that green when it first came out on a Flying V they released at Namm a good hmmm seven years ago? I had to have it! They were on board with the idea but had to get the blessing from a very important person – Adrian Smith himself. After he gave the green light, Greeny was on its way to me. I love that thing. I still play it today. It has taken a break from tours the last year or so but it may show its face again. You never know.

Great photo of Adrian with the beautiful Green Jackson ! Though, Nicko's drums cannot be seen, but Bruce sword can.... :p
One of the best guitars that Adrian ever had, along with the Lado Earth guitars.

14g(6.3).jpg

Last edited:
It's a Fender Custop shop HSH Stratocaster that made it's first appearance when Dave played with Alice Cooper in Hawaii in 2015. 70's headstock is a tribute to Hendrix according to Collin. It used to have a JB/Custom Alternative 8 pickup combo in white during TBOS tour in white, but that was switched with zebra JB/59 before 2016 Prague show.

It's basically an updated version of the Kossoff strat. That is what Collin said about it.

Also this guitar is preceeded by a Mexican prototype with similar spec, because Dave wanted to see if this pickup combo works for him.
Thanks man...im gonna build a copy of this from an old strat I have..does anyone know if Murray has vintage tuners or regular ones on the head?? Any photos online I can't zoom in clear enough!

Thanks man...im gonna build a copy of this from an old strat I have..does anyone know if Murray has vintage tuners or regular ones on the head?? Any photos online I can't zoom in clear enough!

His Cali strat is vintage tuners. It doesn't matter really, since he has Floyds.

Dave main guitar during the SSOASS tour was great:
Is that a Fender ?
rtnrtjjrr.jpg

Last edited:
Back