Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

I like a lot this rare guitar by Adrian that he had used on the SIASL video and on the SOT tour. I think it is a Jackson Soloist/a Custom one, or maybe I am wrong ? o_O

ewgweg.jpg

That crazy amount of knobs and switches seems like a lot of hassle. Is that the pickup selector underneath the bridge?

I don’t know much about guitar synth, but that volume pot near the bridge also seem to switch between the synth sound and the guitar sound - see on the Walking On Glass videos how Adrian works on it.

I don’t know much about guitar synth, but that volume pot near the bridge also seem to switch between the synth sound and the guitar sound - see on the Walking On Glass videos how Adrian works on it.
No, that's the switch near the synth pots that turns synth on and off.

It's a custom Jackson with guitar synth built in.

Well synth isn't actually built in, this is just divided pickup control that is used to generate appropriate signals. So the control hell doesn't end there. It's easy to see why these things weren't popular for live.

Well synth isn't actually built in, this is just divided pickup control that is used to generate appropriate signals. So the control hell doesn't end there. It's easy to see why these things weren't popular for live.

The little switch is actually a 3 position switch that is Synth/Mix/Guitar. But yeah the basics of this guitar are a 5 way switch and a volume pot. All other controls and the midi pickup are for synth.

Not to mention the 11 pin input...

8718b.jpg

I think that is one of the reasons why it cracked. In this picture from 1988 (please can somebody get a better quality), you can see a crack in the body.

View attachment 7331

Wow.. I have seen this photo several times, but never noticed the crack in the body. Quite strange position for a crack..

Anyway, this axe is in my top 3 of H’s guitars.

What part are we looking at here? I see a line below the Floyd, but that's just the selector switch... right?

Finally found a photo of Dave playing his Reissue Les Paul, I wanna say this was Japan 85?

Attachments

• tumblr_nytqq3Oypd1r95toio2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nytqq3Oypd1r95toio2_1280.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 55
Anyone have any info on this strat Murray has been using on legacy of the beast and bos

Attachments

• davemurrayironmaiden-getty.jpg
    davemurrayironmaiden-getty.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 46
Anyone have any info on this strat Murray has been using on legacy of the beast and bos

It's a Fender Custop shop HSH Stratocaster that made it's first appearance when Dave played with Alice Cooper in Hawaii in 2015. 70's headstock is a tribute to Hendrix according to Collin. It used to have a JB/Custom Alternative 8 pickup combo in white during TBOS tour in white, but that was switched with zebra JB/59 before 2016 Prague show.

It's basically an updated version of the Kossoff strat. That is what Collin said about it.

Also this guitar is preceeded by a Mexican prototype with similar spec, because Dave wanted to see if this pickup combo works for him.

Back