Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallowed was great in 2016. They slowed it down to album tempo and Bruce nailed it (particulary in South America and in shows around Download in Europe).
Aces High in 2012-2014 was terrible. Too slow, Bruce sluring the words and strugling like hell. Also, Nicko didn't play with firepower like he used to.

Most of the Maiden songs were played too fast over the years and I don't mind slowing them down the tempo a bit. But there are certain songs like Aces High, where you can't do that. I'm afraid that BQOBD would also fall into that territory (but they haven't played that one in ages, so there is nothing to expect...).

Aces High was great as an opener in 2008-2009, but not so much as an encore in 2012-2014. If they play it again, I bet it would be as an opener, although there are many other songs I'd rather see them play instead.

Aces High was great as an opener in 2008-2009, but not so much as an encore in 2012-2014. If they play it again, I bet it would be as an opener, although there are many other songs I'd rather see them play instead.
I doubt they will ever play it the same tempo as 2008-2009.

Anyway, just got a fantastic idea for the set:

Hallowed
Iron Maiden
-------------------
If Eternity Should Fail (Without Necropolis outro)
TNOTB
-------------------

That would be super cool IMO. Replacing Necropolis outro with TNOTB intro.

I think, of all short songs from the reunion only The Wicker Man has a chance to be played on the upcoming tour.
Songs like Rainmaker, Wildest Dreams and Different World (which is a very good song - classic Maiden for me) all have at least 10% chance to be played from that era !

The Mercenary and The Fallen Angel are great songs too, The Pilgrim is a song that I like a lot (though, the chorus are not so great live), The Alchemist is another good example of good fast Maiden song. Speed of Light and Death or Glory also belongs to this category + Tears of A Clown !

I think, of all short songs from the reunion only The Wicker Man has a chance to be played on the upcoming tour.
Songs like Rainmaker, Wildest Dreams and Different World (which is a very good song - classic Maiden for me) all have at least 10% chance to be played from that era !

The Mercenary and The Fallen Angel are great songs too, The Pilgrim is a song that I like a lot (though, the chorus are not so great live), The Alchemist is another good example of good fast Maiden song. Speed of Light and Death or Glory also belongs to this category + Tears of A Clown !

I agree about The Wicker Man, but I doubt the other songs you mentioned have even that high of a chance... :p I mean, 10% isn't much, but for a tour like this I doubt they'll even consider songs like Different World or Wildest Dreams since their role in the set is easily filled with a couple of "must have" classics. I would love to hear Rainmaker though, it would make a suitable replacement for something like Wrathchild any time. :D

Honestly, I'd say that potential reunion songs are pretty much the first three or four songs from BNW (Blood Brothers was just played, so I suppose it can be ruled out this time), Dance of Death, Paschendale and For the Greater Good of God. If Eternity Should Fail, Death or Glory or some another TBOS song might have a chance. But yeah, The Wicker Man, FTGGOG or another longer song and possibly Ghost of the Navigator or Brave New World sounds like a selection they might end up playing.

https://maidenrevelations.com/2018/03/31/spring-speculation-legacy-of-the-beast-european-tour-2018/
Maiden Revelations posted their setlist speculation/prediction last week. The speculation is based around the hints or "hints" in the artwork, but there are many good points there. I still don't know how to feel about Sun and Steel though. I mean, why not, but still not convinced.

I'm just grateful for Bruce after hearing this...

Oh boy.
The poor soul sounds way out of his comfort range, something like Blaze. But he was there when DT made all those songs.

Another Day is cheesy by itself but this vocal performance takes it to another level.

Oh boy.
The poor soul sounds way out of his comfort range, something like Blaze. But he was there when DT made all those songs.

Another Day is cheesy by itself but this vocal performance takes it to another level.
I rarely have a problem with JLB when he is in good health. I’ve come to accept I must have lower standards than other online fans.

I rarely have a problem with JLB when he is in good health. I’ve come to accept I must have lower standards than other online fans.

I never, ever liked his timbre. He lacks power. The grit from that 1993 performance I linked above is astonishing and sounds awesome! I'll need to hunt down that bootleg.

I agree about The Wicker Man, but I doubt the other songs you mentioned have even that high of a chance... :p I mean, 10% isn't much, but for a tour like this I doubt they'll even consider songs like Different World or Wildest Dreams since their role in the set is easily filled with a couple of "must have" classics. I would love to hear Rainmaker though, it would make a suitable replacement for something like Wrathchild any time. :D

Honestly, I'd say that potential reunion songs are pretty much the first three or four songs from BNW (Blood Brothers was just played, so I suppose it can be ruled out this time), Dance of Death, Paschendale and For the Greater Good of God. If Eternity Should Fail, Death or Glory or some another TBOS song might have a chance. But yeah, The Wicker Man, FTGGOG or another longer song and possibly Ghost of the Navigator or Brave New World sounds like a selection they might end up playing.

https://maidenrevelations.com/2018/03/31/spring-speculation-legacy-of-the-beast-european-tour-2018/
Maiden Revelations posted their setlist speculation/prediction last week. The speculation is based around the hints or "hints" in the artwork, but there are many good points there. I still don't know how to feel about Sun and Steel though. I mean, why not, but still not convinced.

Yeah, the tour is about the classics from the 80's, but these short reunion songs might have a chance.

Sun and Steel is a great song with fantastic chorus ;)

I don't think it's particularly 80s, it's just past Maiden material in general.
It does say focus on the 80s in the press release but it is not explicitly an 80s tour. The fact that they included the mention of later songs too is significant.

I had a dream about watching a livestream from the first show and now I'm going to be very disappointed once the tour starts. I mean, it'll still be Maiden live and all, but probably not with as ridiculously out there setlist as in my dream. It was so lifelike though, I even typed multiple incoherent hype posts about it in this very thread!

e: Oh yeah, they had to quit playing for a bit because somebody kept throwing crap on stage. Typical.

I had a dream about watching a livestream from the first show and now I'm going to be very disappointed once the tour starts. I mean, it'll still be Maiden live and all, but probably not with as ridiculously out there setlist as in my dream. It was so lifelike though, I even typed multiple incoherent hype posts about it in this very thread!

e: Oh yeah, they had to quit playing for a bit because somebody kept throwing crap on stage. Typical.

The dream is true
The dream is true
The dream is true
The dream is trueeeee...

I'd still prefer a From Here To Eternity tour based on 90s and 00s material. So many truly classic songs to choose from ! It's a pity the focus is always on the 80s which has really been done to death after the history tours and new album set list fillers! Besides they are never going to play THE 80s tracks we really want to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back