Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think the idea of them doing an album in the time frame between now and May is unrealistic. They're going to be busy with tour preparations. They need to design the stage show, get the logistics of the tour coordinated, produce promotional material, then they need to rehearse, all the while continuing whatever other business activities the individual members have. A tour of the scale of what Maiden does with hundreds of people involved takes a lot of preparation work, I don't see how on top of it all a complete new album production could fit in.

I fear this to be true. Plus, if they write and record now, they would be sitting on the album for over a year if you assume that the LOTB tour will continue/finish in early 2019. I cant see them doing that. So another option is record soon and release autumn 2018 meaning that the expectation of a continuation comment is a red herring designed, possibly, to placate non-European regions that wont be seeing the tour.
The simplest and mist obvious answer may well be the correct one; they will tear the ass out of this tour and put the album on the long finger.
But.
Everything about Steve and Bruce suggests to me that they would be keen as fuck to get some new music made. Surely Bottom Line Smallwood can't hold any sway in this department at this stage.

Bear in mind that apart from kicking off in late May, they usually gather with at least one month ahead of every tour to start rehearsing the songs. That basically leaves 3 month and a half for writing/recording/keeping an eye on production/artwork/packaging (early January through mid April). Unfortunately, I don't think that timing wise there's really a room to fit all this in.

Except it’s not three months, not even close.

I know they aren’t 23 any more, but there will have been 10 or 11 months between the end of BoS and the start of LotB. Didn’t they write and record Killers in a month? Wasn’t the debut recorded in two weeks? Wasn’t Book Souls written and recorded in 10-12 weeks?

Three months is more than enough time to write and record an album. Don’t think the band has ever taken more time than that. A month is enough to rehearse for a tour. Again, proven historical fact. It is more than six months - 30 weeks -until the tour starts.

There is no reason to think that Steve and Adrian and Jan aren’t writing as we speak. No reason they can’t have fresh stuff ready to spend January and February recording the bulk of the album.

There is plenty of time. I will be surprised if there is not an album in our hands next September.

I wouldn't be surprised if the studio was booked for tour rehearsal purposes.

Not familiar with the facility, but it seems odd to book a recording studio for major tour rehearsals no? Why not just a cheaper, larger hall?

Why not, if you like the sound of it you can use it for the next record. Maiden isn't exactly on budget...

There is no reason to think that Steve and Adrian and Jan aren’t writing as we speak.
What are you insinuating?

42639c3dde4988ba9e81dd21bdb3f8bf.jpg

It depends what studio they booked in Paris. If they booked Gulliame Tell, they are making an album. If they booked Planet Live, they are rehearsing.

When they rehearse in Paris they use a club (as seen on the En Vivo! Behind the Beast documentary), not a proper recording studio.
It's a rehearsal studio called Planet Live.

Not sure if the rumor going around was that they booked PL or Guillaume Tell... I can't find the original source now :/

It's a rehearsal studio called Planet Live.

Not sure if the rumor going around was that they booked PL or Guillaume Tell... I can't find the original source now :/

Thanks. From the footage it looked like a club; nice to see I was wrong.

Kevin's interview with Eddie Trunk seemed to suggest that studio time has been booked (as in recording studio). Sadly, we do not know when, but we know that Kevin will be busy with one of his "Mix with Kevin" sessions in Malibu in February.

Last edited:
Thanks. From the footage it looked like a club; nice to see I was wrong.

Kevin's interview with Eddie Trunk seemed to suggest that studio time has been booked (as in recording studio). Sadly, we do not know when, but we know that Kevin will be busy with one of his "Mix with Kevin" sessions in Malibu in February.

True, but keep in mind the band had at least a couple weeks without Kevin in Guillaume Tell where they were just writing/rehearsing for TBOS- doesn't necessarily rule out a late February/early March 2018 recording session start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back