Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve got six months until the tour starts.
Even allowing for rehearsals, that still leaves plenty of time to find two months to write and record an album.
I’m hopeful
And we should remember that Steve said several times recently that he doesn't have the time to record the second BL album in a near future, but only to record the guide tracks. This can mean he is involved in something bigger. I hope this is not the BL live album ;)

I think it's possible that LOTB tour will conclude in January-February 2019 with a few (30) NA (indoors) and SA (stadiums) dates. That leaves the summer of 2019 free to tour the album.

Yeah but that'd mean two "big" European tours in a row, which they really haven't ever done. Usually they'll have at least a year's break in between.

I say the legacy tour will have an American run of dates early 2019, then they will release an album later that year, 2 year world tour with Ed force one being dusted off will start 2020 into 2021

They will tour East, Americas in the beginning of 2019 (maybe Japan and Australia in autumn 2018,), album will be released in the end of 2019. 2020 new album tour.
Europeean tour first (summer 2020), North America autumn 2020, East, Australia, Japan, South America in spring 2021.

They will tour East, Americas in the beginning of 2019 (maybe Japan and Australia in autumn 2018,), album will be released in the end of 2019. 2020 new album tour.
Europeean tour first (summer 2020), North America autumn 2020, East, Australia, Japan, South America in spring 2021.

Doesn’t sound very much like a band that left the Book of Souls sessions conscious of their own mortality and vowing not to take so long between albums any more, nor a band with “surprises” up their sleeve in 2018.

There is no reason the 2019 dates have to be Legacy of the Beast.

Why can’t this summer’s Europe tour mirror the 2010 North American summer tour, which previewed El Dorado in advance of TFF,s fall release?

Thats one alternative I can think of, its doesnt say the 2019 tour will specifically be Legacy Of The beast so we could see an album late 2018 with a tour kicking off in America 2019 and the European leg 2020 for example

Doesn’t sound very much like a band that left the Book of Souls sessions conscious of their own mortality and vowing not to take so long between albums any more, nor a band with “surprises” up their sleeve in 2018.

There is no reason the 2019 dates have to be Legacy of the Beast.

Why can’t this summer’s Europe tour mirror the 2010 North American summer tour, which previewed El Dorado in advance of TFF,s fall release?

I'm sincerely hoping this is the case- though if it was, they probably would have included a handful of NA dates in 2018 (remember, 2010 also had a short Euro leg).

I'm so torn... I really want this tour to be confined to 2018, because the longer we wait for a new album+tour, the more likely it won't happen at all.

On the other hand, if the 2018 setlist/theme/concept turns out to be totally kickass and full of interesting setlist choices, I'd really hate to miss seeing the show- thus, I hope they continue on to North American in 2019.

Guess I'm just gonna be an indecisive mess for the next year or so! :nuts2:

About LOTB tour: "The full list of dates is below and the tour is expected to continue in 2019."
My opinion is that they will tour world just like they did with SBIT and Maiden England tours.

I think if they don't record album before this tour, TBOS could be Maiden's last album. I'm afraid Rod convinced them for another money-grab tour, especially if the set will be as adventourous as ME and I'm even more afraid that they will expand it beyond belief (like ME tour), so there will be no new album until 20/21, which is 5 fuckung years again.

I think if they don't record album before this tour, TBOS could be Maiden's last album. I'm afraid Rod convinced them for another money-grab tour, especially if the set will be as adventourous as ME and I'm even more afraid that they will expand it beyond belief (like ME tour), so there will be no new album until 20/21, which is 5 fuckung years again.

Not a chance- I'm worried this tour will overstay its welcome, but with the rumors about them having booked Guillaume tell early next year and the fact that the tour doesn't start until late May, that's plenty of time to record an album- keeping in mind TBOS only took about three months from start to finish.

Not a chance- I'm worried this tour will overstay its welcome, but with the rumors about them having booked Guillaume tell early next year and the fact that the tour doesn't start until late May, that's plenty of time to record an album- keeping in mind TBOS only took about three months from start to finish.

Bear in mind that apart from kicking off in late May, they usually gather with at least one month ahead of every tour to start rehearsing the songs. That basically leaves 3 month and a half for writing/recording/keeping an eye on production/artwork/packaging (early January through mid April). Unfortunately, I don't think that timing wise there's really a room to fit all this in.

I wouldn't be surprised if the studio was booked for tour rehearsal purposes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the studio was booked for tour rehearsal purposes.

That is possible, because they always rehearse in Paris. That said, Shirley is apparently booked too, which is strange. But considering that he said it, they booked him either before or after the 2018 tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back