Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The full list of dates is below and the tour is expected to continue in 2019."

Well, there you have it. No new album next year.
I sincerely hope this is not true... this could just mean a GMETID/TFF 2010 style "preview" summer tour into a new release+full on album tour in 2019.

There are rumors they've booked a studio in Paris for early 2018.

I sincerely hope this is not true... this could just mean a GMETID/TFF 2010 style "preview" summer tour into a new release+full on album tour in 2019.

There are rumors they've booked a studio in Paris for early 2018.

This would work logistically, TFF was recorded in early 2010 before the tour in that year that began in June.

"...with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity."

So, FOTD and Wicker Man? :D

This thread is now for future album speculations and rumours, as the new tour has been announced.

I’ll repost this here because it seems more appropriate and fits with LEGO,s rumour:

So that times perfectly for recording a new album late winter/early spring and releasing it next fall prior to the next leg of the tour?

I’ll repost this here because it seems more appropriate and fits with LEGO,s rumour:

So that times perfectly for recording a new album late winter/early spring and releasing it next fall prior to the next leg of the tour?
I wonder if this is why they chose to say "the tour is expected to continue into 2019"... to leave under wraps the fact that it's going to morph into a full-on new album tour.

They’ve got six months until the tour starts.
Even allowing for rehearsals, that still leaves plenty of time to find two months to write and record an album.
I’m hopeful

Plenty time for them to write and record an album before tour, they normally hit the studio early in the year for a Aug/Sep release.

TBOS
Recorded: Sep ’14 - Dec ’14, some finishing touches early ’15 (Jan?)
Released: Sep ’15 (apparently would have been released earlier in the year if it hadn't been for Bruce's cancer)

TFF
Recorded: Jan-March ’10
Released: August ’10

AMOLAD
Recorded: Early ’06
Released: August ’06

DOD
Recorded: Jan ’03-April ’03
Released: Sep ’03

I'm not holding my hopes high. When have Maiden last announced a tour before an album, and this long at that? If a new album is in the pipes, I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it, or at least hinted at it, in the tour announcement.

If the Legacy of the Beast tour is continuing into 2019, and I've no reason to doubt it will considering 2018 is Europe only, then there is no way they will record a new album now or even next winter.

It would make no sense to have an album recorded and to not tour it until 2020.

Here's my guess: There will be an American/World leg of the tour in Summer 2019 which will end in August or September, and then we'll have a new album announced at the end of the year or in early 2020. The other, less likely option is a writing/recording session in late 2018 and an album release after the 2019 leg.

Ok so the next album will be doom metal because Nicko will be 70 on the tour.

I'm somewhat concerned about that, actually. Nicko already mentioned way back he couldn't see himself doing this stuff in ten years, and at the rate they're going, the band will be touring their next album in exactly ten years from that statement. Sure, he's still fine for now, but apparently there was some concern on the BoS tour about this already, and the fact is that at his age things can go wrong without much warning. Even a minor injury could potentially put the band out of commission for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back