2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS.

IMG_20160922_144550.jpg

2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

IMG_20160922_150028.jpg

2014 Charvel San Dimas.

IMG_20160922_145245.jpg

2010 Charvel So-Cal.

IMG_20160922_145608.jpg

2012 Ibanez RG2XXV 25:th Anniversary model.

IMG_20160922_145818.jpg

Tokai SG.

IMG_20160923_132823.jpg

Schecter Hellraiser Casket (GuitarGuitar sold them at a 40 % discount a couple of years ago and I just had to get one :D.)

IMG_20160923_112443.jpg

2009 Jackson RR5.

Last edited:
Fender Strat - no mods yet, but keep thinking about upgrading the bridge pickup someday.

I also noodle around on my son's Schecter and Epi Les Paul but the Strat will keep its #1 ranking.

Since switching to bass about 10 yrs ago I don't pick up the six-stringers too often anymore. FWIW, my main bass is a '94 Mexican P-Bass. No mods.

What do you guys think about this one for a beginner? Is there any downside to smaller sized guitars?

I bought a guitar few years ago but due to uni never had time to play it and gave it to a kid who is gonna buy it off me, so I wanna reinvest that money into a guitar that I'm actually gonna play :p

Last edited:
Look at some reviews of how it plays, sounds, and if there's any issues with build and hardware. Better still, see if you can try/hold a few different types and find out if the whole feel of the thing suits you and what you want it for. To me, it smacks of being aimed squarely at kids who want to pretend to be shredmonsters and are going for image. My other thought is will the body shape make it awkward for a new player to get the hang of/get into good habits, and can you easily play that sitting down without it sliding off your knee - otherwise you'll have no choice but to stand while you learn.

I wouldn't get a Flying V, but that's just personal preference. :p I don't know about the shorter scale but it seems a bit fishy to me. 2/3 scale, they say, sounds like a short neck but still has 24 frets, you might become uncomfortable on higher frets.

I would go with a full scale guitar. There are some bargains out there, for example Squier Classic Vibe is a killer guitar for the money and has only one issue, the incredibly thick lacquer on the neck..

If you are looking for a HSS with a Floyd, I would go with Adrian's Jackson SDX.

I would not recommend a floating bridge, such as a Floyd, to a beginner. They're a pain to keep up if you don't have all the technical knowledge, and cheaper systems (assuming you're on a budget) are often made of shite materials.

I would not recommend a floating bridge, such as a Floyd, to a beginner. They're a pain to keep up if you don't have all the technical knowledge, and cheaper systems (assuming you're on a budget) are often made of shite materials.
True that. But AFAIK the SDX has dive-only bridge setup (EVH style) and the bridge is Floyd Rose Special.

But still, yeah, a non-locking bridge is better for a beginner.

Back