TBOS Tour Predictions

I actually thought that was just another prediction list, but I see where you're coming from LC. Rehearsals are to be in Florida & they ain't happened yet (Steve's still in the UK last time I checked ;)); so this is piddle. Have they spoken about it? Probably. Have they written it down (so as it could be disseminated online)? I doubt it.

It's also got Can I Play with Madness in the encore, which sounds highly unlikely.

Ok here is the "master" setlist with songs that are featued in the tour ad.
1. -
2. Speed Of Light
3. -
4. The Trooper
5. -
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Death Or Glory
9. -
10. The Book Of Souls
11. -
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden (not featured but will be played almost certanly)
-----------------------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. -
16. -

Songs were put in the most likely position in the set although TNOB and HBTN could be switched. They usually play 16 songs. TBOS is placed in place #10 because it's the centerpiece of the tour (as were WTWWB and SSOASS on the last tours). So feel free to fill the gaps and come up with your own setlist. Here is mine:

1. If Eternity Should Fail (Tape intro with Bruce singing over it in some kind of costume)
2. Speed Of Light
3. Tears Of A Clown (Bruce's speech before)
4. The Trooper
5. Coming Home
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Death Or Glory
9. Sea Of Madness (please H make it happen)
10. The Book Of Souls
11. Killers
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
15. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter (With singalong at the beginning)
16. Sanctuary or Running Free

You missed out number 6!

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Coming Home / These Colours Don't Run
4. The Trooper
5. Shadows Of The Valley
6. Wasted Years / Heaven Can Wait
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Death Or Glory
9. Powerslave
10. The Book Of Souls
11. The Wicker Man
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Number of the Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Sanctuary / Running Free

More specific ideas:

- I would be amazed if Shadows isn't played. It seems like it would be a great song live, especially 5.50. Plus a great Wasted Years fake out.
- Wasted Years played right after said fake-out, or replaced with Heaven Can Wait as tribute to the cancer recovery.
- Powerslave seems to fit in reasonably well with the presumed Mayan theme

Am I the only one who thinks the songs from TBOS that will be played are pretty obvious?

1- If Eternity Should Fail
2- Speed of Light
3- The Red and the Black
4- The Book of Souls
5- Death or Glory

Anything different from that, I will be very surprised. I really would like to see ANY other song from TBOS played, though. And ofc, anything from their career that has never been played before, but we all know that's very, very, very unlikely.

Am I the only one who thinks the songs from TBOS that will be played are pretty obvious?

2- Speed of Light
3- The Red and the Black
4- The Book of Souls
5- Death or Glory

Anything different from that, I will be very surprised. I really would like to see ANY other song from TBOS played, though. And ofc, anything from their career that has never been played before, but we all know that's very, very, very unlikely.

No, pretty much everyone agrees with you.

If I had five cents for every single time this has been typed in this thread... I'd actually only have like 30 cents or so I think.

Well, the person above my post talked about how he thought Empire of the Clouds would be played live, going so far as to saying hauling a piano around is why they needed a larger plane; so apparently it needs to continue being said?

Folks, here's how the professional music world works: there are grand pianos available at many theaters, and they can certainly be rented easily anywhere. Perhaps not cheaply, but Maiden has the money if they wanted to do it.

In other words: the logistics of getting a grand piano on and offstage aren't actually a big deal. Pros do it all the time. Maiden is choosing not to play Empire for other reasons.

Definitely. They have said so. They think that it will break up the energy of the show too much, and Bruce doesn't want to do it live until/unless they can do it right with strings and everything. Logistics are not the issue.

I'm not actually trying to kill the humor here, sorry. Carry on. :innocent:

You missed out number 6!

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Coming Home / These Colours Don't Run
4. The Trooper
5. Shadows Of The Valley
6. Wasted Years / Heaven Can Wait
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Death Or Glory
9. Powerslave
10. The Book Of Souls
11. The Wicker Man
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Number of the Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Sanctuary / Running Free

More specific ideas:

- I would be amazed if Shadows isn't played. It seems like it would be a great song live, especially 5.50. Plus a great Wasted Years fake out.
- Wasted Years played right after said fake-out, or replaced with Heaven Can Wait as tribute to the cancer recovery.
- Powerslave seems to fit in reasonably well with the presumed Mayan theme

Yes I did... My bad...
1. If Eternity Should Fail (Tape intro with Bruce singing over it in some kind of costume)
2. Speed Of Light
3. Tears Of A Clown (Bruce's speech before)
4. The Trooper
5. Coming Home
6. Powerslave/The Red And The Black
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Death Or Glory
9. Sea Of Madness (please H make it happen) (Bruce's speech at the beginning)
10. The Book Of Souls
11. Killers
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
15. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter (With singalong at the beginning)
16. Sanctuary or Running Free

I went with Powerslave... great idea actually... But TRATB is more realistic.

Let me do some explaining as DJMayes did:
-First two songs are almost certain. Maybe DOG can replace IESF as an opener, but I would be upset if that happened.
-The choice of TOAC as the third song... Bruce said that he loves tis song. Would go with TGU, but is highly unlikely because of the strange tuned guitars (open D capo 2).
-They need a classic after the first 3... so Trooper it is
-They will almost for sure play something from TFF, so Coming Home it is.
- Powerslave intro would be an amazing transition from the last chord of Coming Home, but TRATB is more likely.
- Hallowed Will Be Thy Name on the tour.
-DOG will be played somewhere.
-Hoping for Sea Of Madness (more realistic would be HCW but please just do SOM)
-Killers, because Bruce loves Killers

One more thing... When were the HCW passes announced for the 08 tour?

Last edited:

2- Speed of Light
3- The Red and the Black
4- The Book of Souls
5- Death or Glory

This... plus "Tears of a Clown". Short, efficient, energetic though "slow" song: it is this tour's "Coming Home" .

This... plus "Tears of a Clown". Short, efficient, energetic though "slow" song: it is this tour's "Coming Home" .

You know, I agree with that. It definitely is the "Coming Home" of this tour. However, I simply can't imagine Maiden going on stage and playing a song about someone who died some years ago, mainly because of the trafic and very sad way he died. It is odd, isn't it? Plus, it is a very sad song. I love it, but it is a very deep and sad song. It's just hard to imagine. Don't you guys feel like that? Yeah, they did that with Blood Brothers, but... Well, I don't know.

Last edited:
Back