TBOS Tour Predictions

I agree, but I don't see it happening. I think TFF should've been played in full too. Their recent albums in general have had a very complete quality to them.

There is one thing, a Bruce quote I read about this being a double album because they thought every song was integral to it. Now, this may be typical album PR, but it's possible the band feels this album should be heard in full.

There was also the press release that said they crafted this album specifically with performing live in mind. With the exception of EOTC which seems like it was its own thing, I assume this means every other song should work live no problem. Unlike TFF which had some difficult sounding stuff.

Like LC said, it feels like they're treating this album differently, but I worry that this won't carry over to their live show. As much as they experiment on their albums, the live show still follows a certain formula. I want them to keep taking risks like that AMOLAD tour but since they played it pretty safe on the second TFF leg, it's hard to say. Hopefully 3 years of cabaret tour will be justification to give the classics a break.

If they do a past reunion epic, I think it'll be something from the last two albums, most likely TFF. I could see them dusting off FTGGOG or When the Wild Wind Blows. Both should be somewhat easy to pull off. DoD seems like an easy guess just because they did it on the last album tour, but remember that was the first time they played it since the DOTR tour, so it's not exactly a staple. I'm pretty sure they'll give it a break this time.

I haven't heard the new album yet, but both TBOS and Red and Black seem like a given. I don't think EOTC is totally out of the question, especially if they notice the overwhelming response that it's getting I can't imagine them not at least attempting it. However, those three songs plus If Eternity Should Fail and another epic make up almost an hour of set time. I hope they do a 00s focused set plus maybe 4 classics (Fear, Hallowed, Iron Maiden, NotB ) so that they can play all those epics and give the new album proper attention. Second leg of TFF was a disappointment in that respect.
You're probably right, but I see DoD in my eyes is kind of a fan favorite, another Fear of the Dark. Something from A Matter of Life and Death like Reincarnation and FTGGOG would be the most likely. The Talisman from TFF would be a good guess. But the more I listen to the album the more I think they'll play the 3 longest songs.

If they were going to do all of it live, I would think they would have talked about that by now like they did with AMOLAD. It would be pretty amazing to see Bruce playing piano on stage along with a violin and cello player. However, they could end up doing more than the usual 5-6 songs they usually do on a new album tour. Maybe 7 or 8 or something like that.

The thing is, I don't think they know what they're going to play yet. That's why we haven't gotten any solid confirmation on anything. There's 90 minutes of material to work with and they have to rehearse all of it first. And remember they couldn't get straight into rehearsals because of Bruce's recovery.

If they were going to do all of it live, I would think they would have talked about that by now like they did with AMOLAD. It would be pretty amazing to see Bruce playing piano on stage along with a violin and cello player. However, they could end up doing more than the usual 5-6 songs they usually do on a new album tour. Maybe 7 or 8 or something like that.
Adrian could play violin. He did it on the Killing Floor. Why not EOTC? :D

The thing is, I don't think they know what they're going to play yet. That's why we haven't gotten any solid confirmation on anything. There's 90 minutes of material to work with and they have to rehearse all of it first. And remember they couldn't get straight into rehearsals because of Bruce's recovery.
Ya, it's hard to say what they're going to do this time around. It'll be amazing I'm sure.
Adrian could play violin. He did it on the Killing Floor. Why not EOTC? :D
OMG! I didn't that about Adrian. And maybe another member could play the cello. That would be so awesome!

See, I've been thinking...

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Man on the Edge
The Trooper
These Colours Don't Run
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
--Encore--
Empire of the Clouds
A plausible setlist indeed. Still, Powerslave, SiT, SSOASS, NPFD, XVI, BNW and DoD are left out - half their catalogue. Isn't it a bit too much?

I'm just saying that it's hard to cover all of their catalogue!

If we toss Empire of the Clouds we can work in a few more albums.

I know I will burn for this but I would love one tour based only on blaze+post reunion stuff with Iron Maiden song in the middle. They have so much great songs that can be put in place of old classics. I know - people want to hear this songs but, hell, they can hear them on live DVD. Tour with songs like montsegur, face in the sand, OOTSP, TFA, TA and so on would be mindblowing. At least for me.

If Eternity Should Fall
Speed Of Light
The Trooper
These Colours Don't Run
When The River Runs Deep
The Evil That Men Do
The Number Of The Beast
Caught Somewhere In Time
The Book Of Souls
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Aces High
Tears Of A Clown
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Ok here is what I want to see... I'll try to make the set somewhat realistic (around 1h 45min). I will also put a few slots with alternating songs.

1. If Eternity Should Fail (with tape intro)
2. Speed Of Light
3. A: Shadows Of The Valley B: Book Of Souls
4. The Trooper
5. Hallowed Be Thy Name (this is the ideal place for Bruce to sing it because of the difficulity)
6. A: Rainmaker B: The Fallen Angel
7. Run To The Hills
8. A: Tears Of A Clown B: Death Or Glory
9. The Clansman
10. A: Stranger In A Strange Land B: Sea Of Madness
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Empire Of The Clouds (with giant airship which crashes at the end in the background)
-----------------------------------------
Encore:
13. Coming Home
14. A: 22 Acacia Avenue B: Killers (with Eduardo)
15. Number Of The Beast

Edit:
If they decide to do 3 different sets like Rush I would like to add:
3. C: When The River Runs Deep
6. C: Out Of The Shadows
8. C: A Man Of Sorrows
10. C: Wasted Years
14. C: Die With Your Boots On

It's imposible to pick just one set with such repertoar... I deliberately left out SSOAS because only TETMD would be an realistic option but it has been played to death. Same with Powerslave and 2MTM.

So what do you think and which would you like to hear the most A, B or C?

Last edited:
I Predict they're not going to play a bunch of good songs because they'll be too busy playing a bunch of other good songs

I personally think this album is strong enough to play 6 songs on the upcoming tour. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw two versions of the setlists (like we have for past tours), with the first version focusing on songs from the album/post 2000 material. The year after that would still have songs from the album, but more classics put throughout.

I actually really like @Collin's estimate.
Version 1:

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Red and the Black
6. The Wicker Man
7. Brave New World
8. The Book of Souls
9. Tears of a Clown
10. El Dorado
11. The Trooper
12. The Evil That Men Do
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. The Empire of the Clouds
16. Run to the Hills

Version 2:
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Wrathchild
4. The Trooper
5. The Red and the Black
6. The Wicker Man
7. 2 Minutes to Midnight
8. The Book of Souls
9. Run to the Hills
10. The Number of the Beast
11. The Empire of the Clouds
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. The Wicker Man
15. Wasted Years
16. Running Free

The more I listen to "If Eternity Should Fail", the least I think it will be used as the concert opener - possibly because of the outro. But then, what song would it be? I guess "Speed of Light" doesn't fit this slot either...

IESF or SOL as show opener… Why don't have both? Open show with IESF and then open it AGAIN with SOL. It's Maiden, they can do this.

Back