TBOS Tour Predictions

I think they will play:
  1. If Eternity Should Fail
  2. Speed of Light
  3. The Red and the Black
  4. When the River Runs Deep
  5. Death or Glory
  6. Tears of a Clown
Maybe Shadow of the Valley instead of When the River Runs Deep.
I know they always play the title track, but I don’t think it’s happening this time.
I also think this will be another album where we don’t get Dave’s song live.

Im sure for number one and two from your list. Five is big possibility.
Book of souls - there's no doubt that they will play it live. Dunno about 4. and 6. but TMOS has great potential for live performance.
Empire of clouds would be awesome live, I believe that they will play it at least once.

Below are my opinions on the live possibilities of each song, and a setlist.
If Eternity Should Fail - Probably. It sounds like it was meant to be played live. The intro is a tape then the band comes in at 1:30. The outro is the only concern.
Speed of Light - Duhhh, They're going to play this.
The Great Unknown - Nope, too complex.
The Red and the Black - This would depend on Empire of the Clouds. If they played it, then this song is probably out, vice-versa.
When the River Runs Deep - Definitely a possibility, but IMO this song is really similar to The Alchemist. So theres a 50-50 chance. It would be really easy to do, they just probably wont.
The Book of Souls - Yes. They always play the title track.
Death or Glory - No. I just don't know if its strong enough for them to play it.
Shadows of the Valley - Yes. This song would work extremely well live.
Tears of a Clown- I think they'll play it. It's gotten a lot of hype from other websites and stuff due to it's subject matter. It would be pretty easy to play.
Man of Sorrows - No. Very doubtful.
Empire of the Clouds - Dave said they could do it, Bruce said they can't. But I still think they could do it. It's too good not to be played.

Orchestral Piece
First 1:30 of IESF

2. Speed of Light
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. Dance of Death
5. The Trooper
6. Brave New World
7. The Book of Souls
8. Tears of a Clown
9. Number of the Beast
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Shadows of the Valley
12. Run to the Hills
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-------
15. Empire of the Clouds
16. Hallowed be Thy Name
Total est. set time: 111 minutes
[\spoiler]

Below are my opinions on the live possibilities of each song, and a setlist.
If Eternity Should Fail - Probably. It sounds like it was meant to be played live. The intro is a tape then the band comes in at 1:30. The outro is the only concern.
Speed of Light - Duhhh, They're going to play this.
The Great Unknown - Nope, too complex.
The Red and the Black - This would depend on Empire of the Clouds. If they played it, then this song is probably out, vice-versa.
When the River Runs Deep - Definitely a possibility, but IMO this song is really similar to The Alchemist. So theres a 50-50 chance. It would be really easy to do, they just probably wont.
The Book of Souls - Yes. They always play the title track.
Death or Glory - No. I just don't know if its strong enough for them to play it.
Shadows of the Valley - Yes. This song would work extremely well live.
Tears of a Clown- I think they'll play it. It's gotten a lot of hype from other websites and stuff due to it's subject matter. It would be pretty easy to play.
Man of Sorrows - No. Very doubtful.
Empire of the Clouds - Dave said they could do it, Bruce said they can't. But I still think they could do it. It's too good not to be played.

Orchestral Piece
First 1:30 of IESF

2. Speed of Light
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. Dance of Death
5. The Trooper
6. Brave New World
7. The Book of Souls
8. Tears of a Clown
9. Number of the Beast
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Shadows of the Valley
12. Run to the Hills
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-------
15. Empire of the Clouds
16. Hallowed be Thy Name
Total est. set time: 111 minutes
[\spoiler]

Not a bad estimate.
I'm not as sure about DoD being in there (much as I'd like it to be) if TBOS epics are in there. I still have a suspicion The Red and the Black could be included, too. I do wonder where would be most practical to put Empire in the setlist, too, should they play it.

Not a bad estimate.
I'm not as sure about DoD being in there (much as I'd like it to be) if TBOS epics are in there. I still have a suspicion The Red and the Black could be included, too. I do wonder where would be most practical to put Empire in the setlist, too, should they play it.
It's more of that I think there will be an epic from a previous reunion album. Dance of Death would be the most likely. After listening to TRATB this morning, I do think it will be a little more likely. As for EOTC the beginning of the encore is the best spot IMO. Right before Fear of the Dark would work too.

If eternity should fail
Speed of light
The great unknown
The red and the black
The book of souls
Death or glory

im pretty sure that would be....the only doubt is if they play tears of a clown.

But i dont see a good opener there......

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
The Red and the Black
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory

That's what I think they will play. Also, maybe The Man of Sorrows or Tears of a Clown, but I'd be surprised if they play more than 5 songs from the new album.

It's more of that I think there will be an epic from a previous reunion album. Dance of Death would be the most likely. After listening to TRATB this morning, I do think it will be a little more likely. As for EOTC the beginning of the encore is the best spot IMO. Right before Fear of the Dark would work too.
If they do a past reunion epic, I think it'll be something from the last two albums, most likely TFF. I could see them dusting off FTGGOG or When the Wild Wind Blows. Both should be somewhat easy to pull off. DoD seems like an easy guess just because they did it on the last album tour, but remember that was the first time they played it since the DOTR tour, so it's not exactly a staple. I'm pretty sure they'll give it a break this time.

I haven't heard the new album yet, but both TBOS and Red and Black seem like a given. I don't think EOTC is totally out of the question, especially if they notice the overwhelming response that it's getting I can't imagine them not at least attempting it. However, those three songs plus If Eternity Should Fail and another epic make up almost an hour of set time. I hope they do a 00s focused set plus maybe 4 classics (Fear, Hallowed, Iron Maiden, NotB ) so that they can play all those epics and give the new album proper attention. Second leg of TFF was a disappointment in that respect.

Honestly, they should just do like AMOLAD. Full album cover to cover, Iron Maiden + encore. And given the length of the show, that encore will be short: Hallowed, or RTTH + maybe NOTB.

I agree, but I don't see it happening. I think TFF should've been played in full too. Their recent albums in general have had a very complete quality to them.

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Wickerman
The Trooper
Be Quick or Be Dead
The Red and the Black
Death or Glory
When the Wild Wind Blows
Flight of Icarus
Wasted Years
Revelations
Empire of the Clouds
Hallowed By Thy Name
Iron Maiden
---Encore---
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark

See, I've been thinking...

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Man on the Edge
The Trooper
These Colours Don't Run
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
--Encore--
Empire of the Clouds

I still think the best compromise is to rotate out the short rockers. Keep a static opener as well as the four epics + Speed of Light (unless SoL is also the opener of course) and let that 6th spot be a rotating slot for the rest. That way everything has a chance at being played. It's similar to what Rush did on their last album tour and they were able to play every song from that album live without having to play it all every night.

See, I've been thinking...

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Man on the Edge
The Trooper
These Colours Don't Run
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
--Encore--
Empire of the Clouds

Maiden might do it, but not enough PlayClassics for North American audience.
I like the idea of them dusting off Icarus of us western heathens.

And Mosh is right, but that's not the way Maiden works.

I think it will be something like that

2. Speed of Light
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Book of Souls
5. Coming Home
6. Dance of Death
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. The Trooper
9. Tears of a Clown
10. The Red and the Black
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--Encore--
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

I'm hoping for EOTC but I think if they have to choose between it and TRATB it won't be played, TRATB works better live IMO. Also think DoD is already a reunion classic, just wasn't played at all tours because they chose to play full AMOLAD and history tours. And classics like Trooper, FotD, Iron Maiden, TNoTB and Hallowed probably won't be left out.

I disagree on IESF being the opener. It's to mid-tempo after the slow intro and Maiden like to come out on a fast rocker and they'll most likely go with SOL. Wouldn't you agree?

Back