"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation. Pure, complete speculation. Not because I care about speculation, but to remind people that this is speculation if they are just scanning the thread, we have 0 evidence.

Do not worry LC, if I knew it for a fact it would have been under a spoiler banner. :)

It's entirely possible that Bruce came up with the various bits of the songs over the years and had someone he trusts like Roy or Adrian put them into more formal guitar arrangements. I can see, in my mind's eye, a part where Bruce and Adrian are hanging out and Bruce is going, "and then it goes like ba-ba-badadadada-ba-ba" and Adrian plays it on the guitar.

That could be the case but Bruce said the song was already a demo for his solo album

Its an old leftover from the Tyranny of Souls album supposedly. Can't remember in which interview that was revealed now, but it's there somewhere.

I expect if we knew for a fact, Roy Z would be suing.

I'm quite sure he would have been paid for his work. Credits are often negotiated that way, and in this case we know that the band has done exactly this in the past.

If Roy Z said anything about being involved, he would be the one who got sued. I assure you. Blaze probably signed a non disclosure deal when he left the band - or do you think he would have kept his mouth shut about being involved in the writing process of BNW if he hadn't? He waited ten years before he let that out. That speaks volumes about how this mafia family works.

Last edited:
I thought it said a leftover from Bruce's last solo project? That could mean ToS, or whatever he was supposedly working on a year or two ago. We honestly don't know that Roy Z had any involvement in that particular song, until/unless one of them actually comes out and says that.

Last edited:
Speculation. Pure, complete speculation. Not because I care about speculation, but to remind people that this is speculation if they are just scanning the thread, we have 0 evidence.

We know the song was supposed to be on Bruce solo album, we know he has recently collaborated with Roy Z, and from what we gather from descriptions in the reviews you'd have to be a goddamn monkey to not make the connection Gk1 did.

We know the song was supposed to be on Bruce solo album, we know he has recently collaborated with Roy Z, and from what we gather from descriptions in the reviews you'd have to be a goddamn monkey to not make the connection Gk1 did.

To be honest with you all I care for is that it is a good song. The guys seem to really get along. Steve took a step back and everyone is contributing...I don't think we can ask for more.

I'm actually pretty interested to see where they take Tears of a Clown, lyrically. If it is actually about Robin Williams... I think it would be extremely difficult to turn it into a classy classic without just sounding like a eulogy.

I'm not denying that it seems possible, I'm merely reminding people that there is no evidence, except that Bruce and Roy Z were in the same location over the previous few years. There is a difference between hard evidence and complete circumstance.

The Robin Williams suggestion is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if I'd like the idea of it being focused on a single modern day person, tbh. The more general idea of hiding true feelings behind a mask is a much older one. When I first saw the track listing, I wondered if there would be a little theme popping up here and there in the album about the hidden or dark side of human nature.

I guess we can't really say whether Roy Z is suspected to have been involved in "IESF" before hearing the song itself. Bruce has written on his own for his solo albums ("No Lies", "TOTD", "Man of Sorrows"), yet we can't rule out an arrangement - I agree that some recent Maiden tracks are reminiscent of Blaze's style (up to "The Man Who Would Be King" which sounds written for Blaze's voice in my opinion) and that I wouldn't be surprised Janick had had a hand in "BYDTTS" but, from where we stand, we can't be sure of anything... and in the end, does it really matter? ;)

Last edited:
Maturin, did you just mention the Mafia & call LC a monkey? :blink:

Just think how crazy this is all going to get as we approach BoS release day...
:nuts:
:lol:

Do we know how far along IESF was in the writing/recording process during the ToS sessions? Was it demoed as a complete song? Did they put riffs on a pocket tape recorder to come back to later? Did Bruce write a lyric that never got put to music? If there's an answer I'd love to see it, something from an actual interview though. We also don't know how much the song has been modified since then. There's a lot of ways this could have gone and I don't see any reason to jump to conclusions just yet.

What I remember from the interviews is that: The song was complete in demo form. All they did was to copy/ learn it and then record it.

If Roy Z said anything about being involved, he would be the one who got sued. I assure you. Blaze probably signed a non disclosure deal when he left the band - or do you think he would have kept his mouth shut about being involved in the writing process of BNW if he hadn't? He waited ten years before he let that out. That speaks volumes about how this mafia family works.

Blaze sold the rights to his royalties from TXF and VXI to Steve when he ran into financial trouble in the mid-2000s.

Maybe he had sold his rights to the BNW songs after leaving the band, or traded them in some other deal, who knows?

I assume that he got financial compensation for giving away his credits for demoed songs that could end up on next releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back