"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's from this French interview with Bruce Dickinson ( Which I think is missing in the news at a glance thread, only the review from the same site is there )

http://www.radiometal.com/article/bruce-dickinson-iron-maiden-la-generosite-dans-lame,188477

Again translated via Google translate:

Certaines chansons avaient été écrites au préalable. « If Eternity Should Fail » était facile parce qu’elle avait déjà été écrite et enregistrée en format démo pour mon album solo. Donc Steve a dit : « C’est super ! Est-ce qu’on peut l’utiliser pour Maiden ?! » J’ai répondu : « Ouais ! » Je veux dire que je n’ai pas prévu de sortir d’album solo dans l’immédiat. Celle-ci était donc facile à reproduire, car nous avions effectivement juste eu à la copier.

=

Some songs were written beforehand. "If Eternity Should Fail " was easy because she had already been written and recorded in demo format for my solo album. So Steve said : "This is great! Do we can use it to Maiden ! "I said ," Yeah ! " I mean that I have no plans to release a solo album immediately. It was easy to reproduce, because we actually had just had to copy it. "

It's from this French interview with Bruce Dickinson ( Which I think is missing in the news at a glance thread, only the review from the same site is there )

http://www.radiometal.com/article/bruce-dickinson-iron-maiden-la-generosite-dans-lame,188477

Again translated via Google translate:

Certaines chansons avaient été écrites au préalable. « If Eternity Should Fail » était facile parce qu’elle avait déjà été écrite et enregistrée en format démo pour mon album solo. Donc Steve a dit : « C’est super ! Est-ce qu’on peut l’utiliser pour Maiden ?! » J’ai répondu : « Ouais ! » Je veux dire que je n’ai pas prévu de sortir d’album solo dans l’immédiat. Celle-ci était donc facile à reproduire, car nous avions effectivement juste eu à la copier.

=

Some songs were written beforehand. "If Eternity Should Fail " was easy because she had already been written and recorded in demo format for my solo album. So Steve said : "This is great! Do we can use it to Maiden ! "I said ," Yeah ! " I mean that I have no plans to release a solo album immediately. It was easy to reproduce, because we actually had just had to copy it. "

Thanks Sixes, see I told you!

Told us what? If that's what Bruce said, then it sounds very much like the song is solely his. He would surely have hesitated at that request if Roy Z was responsible or partly responsible for writing it? This is the most likely explanation.

Last edited:
Told us what? If that's what Bruce said, then it sounds like very much like the song is solely his. He would surely have hesitated at that request if Roy Z was responsible or partly responsible for writing it. This is the most likely explanation.

Quoting my previous post. What I remember from the interviews is that: The song was complete in demo form. All they did was to copy/ learn it and then record it.

Dude really, it is not our problem if you are not getting any!

Quoting my previous post. What I remember from the interviews is that: The song was complete in demo form. All they did was to copy/ learn it and then record it.

Dude really, it is not our problem if you are not getting any!
Sorry, maybe I missed the bit about it mentioning Roy Z. Maybe you could point that bit out to me.

You are a funny guy, you know that,right?
I know that, yes.

But, as interesting as it is, I don't think the information that Bruce brought some of his own material to the BoS recording/writing sessions is the issue under discussion here. The forum has been talking about Roy Z's possible involvement for the past few pages.
Well, who else than Roy Z played on the demo? Bruce is an absolute shite guitarplayer, pardon me for saying.
We're talking about writing not playing, surely? What does it matter if Roy Z played on the demo?

Yep. It's possible Bruce told Roy Z what to play on the demo and Roy Z had no creative input there, just interpreting Bruce's singing/piano playing/guitar playing.

We don't know what is the case. My point is that even if Roy Z did help with the composition, there would be no mention of his name in aMaiden related interview. Once we hear the track it would be fairly easy to judge.

We know the song was supposed to be on Bruce solo album, we know he has recently collaborated with Roy Z, and from what we gather from descriptions in the reviews you'd have to be a goddamn monkey to not make the connection Gk1 did.
It was actually me, who first made this connection - credit to whom credit is due (I won't sue you though).

Anyway, as far as I know Roy and Bruce had had writing sessions for a new record, before it was dumped. I also remember reading a cryptic statement on facebook or wherever it was (maybe Ranko remembers) by Roy, where he said something like Bruce and him had written these songs, which would never see the light of day, "because, because...!!"

well it'd be interesting to know if he had involvement in writing a song on the new Maiden album. Not sure why that wouldn't matter.

It was actually me, who first made this connection - credit to whom credit is due (I won't sue you though).

Anyway, as far as I know Roy and Bruce had had writing sessions for a new record, before it was dumped. I also remember reading a cryptic statement on facebook or wherever it was (maybe Ranko remembers) by Roy, where he said something like Bruce and him had written these songs, which would never see the light of day, "because, because...!!"

Jazz could I at least get a honorable mention? Thanks.

well it'd be interesting to know if he had involvement in writing a song on the new Maiden album. Not sure why that wouldn't matter.

I think it's more that RZ probably helped Bruce envision his guitar parts..not necessarily co-wrote the songs...

And this is the point in time we need to get some more material, or teasers, or we'll spend the next two weeks moving in circles, mjch like we are doing now.

And this is the point in time we need to get some more material, or teasers, or we'll spend the next two weeks moving in circles, mjch like we are doing now.
I pretty much know what to expect from the reviews. Samples will only make me angry, like watching a dancing stripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back