2014 Tour Rumours

Seems like a shady source. Also Rush would never open for Bon Jovi in a million years. I'm calling bullshit
I don't believe it either. Though, the moderator in question said certain parts of this poster were accurate.

I also don't believe Maiden England will be resurrected, they've never stretched a tour out for three years and unless they did some major setlist changes it would be quite stale by now... besides, their homepage has said "Maiden England tour ENDS..." for months now.

I doubt itl be a continuation of the Maiden England tour, unless like you said there are some Major changes as in at least 5/6 songs or play the original Maiden England set. That festival line up would be epic, change Slipknot for Maiden and swap Rush and Jovi around but no chance of that line up. I think theres a lot of reasons for the Maiden headline Hellfest just like theres reason against, which will make the wait for 4th December a loooong wait. The publicity stunt quote though does worry me though, im not saying they wouldnt use Maiden as publicity as theyre a huge global brand, but would a 90s tour be a huge tour? Maybe itl be a Maiden and Sabbeth announcement, and theyl both headline Sonisphere festivals. I cant think of a bigger set of headliners unless you add Metallica to that.

It'd be really cool if the Maiden/Sabbath/Priest tour happened.

Well, perhaps "publicity stunt" isn't the right phrase, but coloquially it's a direct translation. The phrase the moderator used was "coup de com" (or "coup de communication"), which basically means it's some big news that is going to get a lot of attention. Sabbath/Maiden/some other big name metal band would certainly qualify!

Well, perhaps "publicity stunt" isn't the right phrase, but coloquially it's a direct translation. The phrase the moderator used was "coup de com" (or "coup de communication"), which basically means it's some big news that is going to get a lot of attention. Sabbath/Maiden/some other big name metal band would certainly qualify!

My guess the some other big name is Avenged Sevenfold. Getting a lot of press, new album number one, cheap headliner and attracts a different audience as well. Who knows maybe they got Sabbeth/Maiden/Big Four. However, with it being a huge publicity thing, its made me more excited for this announcement as a metal fan and a Maiden fan.

I don't think Maiden and Sabbath would tour again after the Sharon incident. A Priest/Maiden tour would be better. Halford opened for Maiden's gig in Chile back in 01 and it was completely awesome.
And not only Rush opening for Bon Jovi is bullshit, it's also dubious because Alex Lifeson said last week that they wanted to take a year off, something which was also mentioned by Geddy Lee some months ago...

Did they announce loads more dates for Maiden England on that day as well Lego?

Is there actually any genuine speculation that Maiden will be Reading & Leeds other than people (like me) saying "they could play there"? I know R&L made a poster with all their headliners from the last decade (including Iron Maiden and Metallica) and a few people (including me) were wondering if we're meant to guess the three headliners for 2014 from that poster.

And Sonisphere just stuck this on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/hImT74jbSR/

"7 days till launch"

I don't think Maiden and Sabbath would tour again after the Sharon incident. A Priest/Maiden tour would be better. Halford opened for Maiden's gig in Chile back in 01 and it was completely awesome.
And not only Rush opening for Bon Jovi is bullshit, it's also dubious because Alex Lifeson said last week that they wanted to take a year off, something which was also mentioned by Geddy Lee some months ago...

They also said they would do a R40 tour whichd be next year, so i wouldnt rule them out.

On the Sonisphere note 7 days till launch means 2nd December, i know its close to the Hellfest date thus makes it look more like Maiden but wouldnt they of arranged it on same date to have one big announcement.

They also said they would do a R40 tour whichd be next year, so i wouldnt rule them out.

On the Sonisphere note 7 days till launch means 2nd December, i know its close to the Hellfest date thus makes it look more like Maiden but wouldnt they of arranged it on same date to have one big announcement.

I am counting the days. :)

Perhaps Sonisphere's first announcement won't be Maiden, though. They could wait 'til the 4th to announce them in conjunction with Hellfest (if indeed Maiden are playing both).

That line up shows you how much Download spent on the last 2 lots of headliners. Il admit, if Maiden dont do Sonisphere and the headliners arent particular appealing il go Download. I like Avenged Sevenfold, Aerosmith, Alter Bridge, Steel Panther, Trivium, Rob Zombie and Status Quo. Fall out Boy have catchy tunes same with Offspring. Its not exactly very appealing, but its alright. Im hoping Sonisphere brings the Metal/Classic Rock out, Maiden and Sabbeth/Metallica.

Back