The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like TRATB but only the live versions. Adrian's second solo in particular melts my face off. The video also has many cathartic moments like H and Jan finally, finally, playing together next to each other without looking like they've been forced to sit next to each other in the classroom photo.
That's a thing? Never thought about it more than the guys (ok, H and Jan are doing in-ears too) are running wedges and therefore mostly keep to their slots.

Damn, this is a fast Trooper
Trooper is such an oddball tune, every official release from the reunion era until TBOS:LC has something going on for it. RiR is the proto-version without additional embellishments in the harmony sections, DoD has Nick going wild on the bass drum in the solo, F666 is ridiculously fast, En Vivo is just I guess the ultimate form of a reunion era Trooper, a bit more paced but very mature sounding.

Trooper is such an oddball tune, every official release from the reunion era until TBOS:LC has something going on for it. RiR is the proto-version without additional embellishments in the harmony sections, DoD has Nick going wild on the bass drum in the solo, F666 is ridiculously fast, En Vivo is just I guess the ultimate form of a reunion era Trooper, a bit more paced but very mature sounding.
DOTR was also the first to introduce the third harmony guitar.

Bruce wearing a luchador mask for this, and them uploading a picture of it with the caption of Wrestlemania coming up is the closest I've had my favourite worlds colliding

I'd like to see it if you can find it.
I wanna say it was from one of the fan-filmed shows which might narrow it down a bit but also not really since there's quite a few of those from '99 too. I can't recall the exact song so I won't even bother guessing, but also to be fair, I don't think it was anything more than a "you're bothering me, go away" kind of thing where H preferred to be by his lonesome. It was more illustrative of the lack of stage interactions between the two until 2016, similar to how Bruce and 'Arry really don't do much together.

But I mean, how things change. In Helsinki 2018, Adrian forgot to sing a part of his new backing vocals in Wicker Man (I think) because he was having too much fun goofing off with Janick on his end of the stage during the second prechorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back