The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trooper is such an oddball tune, every official release from the reunion era until TBOS:LC has something going on for it. RiR is the proto-version without additional embellishments in the harmony sections, DoD has Nick going wild on the bass drum in the solo, F666 is ridiculously fast, En Vivo is just I guess the ultimate form of a reunion era Trooper, a bit more paced but very mature sounding.
RiR is always my favourite

When I joined this chat and everybody is posting No More Lies I thought that they are playing it tonight at Wacken as suprise :D

Anyway, maybe they dont allowed live stream because of potential bad performance of some band members so they can do some mixing in replay stream after few days.

LOL

A night with Maiden concert videos is always great. I think they showed 18/19 songs.

I was most excited about the 2010 show (we have official videos from the other two). The sound and the cameraman work were the ''best'' on that show. Brutally fast and energetic performances from 2008 and 2010 (from 2016 were quite good too).
The 2010 show had the fewest songs streamed. I'm so glad we got Brave New World (such a live anthem) and No More Lies, two songs that I like a lot and they're great (and essential Maiden) songs live - the melodies, the energy, the simple choruses(!), all works fantastic. Too bad we didn't get These Colours Don't Run, The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Ghost Of The Navigator or Wildest Dreams. An AMOLAD song! They should have released the 2010 show as a ''double concert video'' in 2011. El Dorado is a banger live.

Damn, watching videos from yesterday, it seems like Bruce was struggling a bit (not to extend of 2022). The break came in the right moment.

By the way, it was still nice to see some Maiden live footage eventhough Wacken 2023 (or the best parts) wasn't yet broadcasted.
It was nice to remember my own past shows and aswell see/hear how different they performed for example The Trooper was so fast.
It was nice to see BNW and BB, BB is touching song and I like the middle part, because it features one of Janick's best solos. Emotional stuff.
I would have preferred to see/hear them focus more on the not so often heard stuff like Benjamin Breeg or Ghost Of The Navigator.
Refreshing also that we got few little faster ones like El Dorado and Speed Of Light..
Anyways, it got me thinking how lucky we are still to have Maiden here with us. Maiden is the only constant thing in my life.
If someone told me in the mid-90's that they would still be touring and releasing new albums in 2023 I necessarily wouldn't have believed so.
Stil thinking the night I saw them live in concert in 1999, I wouldn't necessarily have thought of seeing Maiden still live today.
Of course it was possible, but I didn't look this far into the future thinking about things like this. I only lived that moment and day by day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back