The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I mean, look at that. H and Jan racing each other on stage. That I recall cemented my perception back in 2016 that they'd gotten over themselves after Bruce's cancer scare and elected to just have fun on stage.

And I mean, look at that. H and Jan racing each other on stage. That I recall cemented my perception back in 2016 that they'd gotten over themselves after Bruce's cancer scare and elected to just have fun on stage.
Yeah, I noticed that moment as well. H has in general become less stiff on the stage: He was half a statue up until at least 2005.

And I thought we managed to escape FOTD. Silly me.
It's such a good live song. I understand the desire for something else, but also everyone wanting that is objectively wrong. Plus it's another one of those songs where there's a fair bit of development between live albums, although primarily on the drums. Nicko's fills during the middle section only got rock solid in the F666 version.

I see we've got video evidence of the rare Jackson Xstroyer, a guitar so unimaginable it was even not seen in the live video for this tour despite all the other songs having mid-song guitar swaps aplenty!

In 1999 I saw one video where H physically shoved Jan away from him because of reasons.
Adrian and Janick also collided in Bercy 2000 during Sanctuary :D Bruce did a run across the stage in the front and Jan followed. They all seemed confused for like 4 seconds and then continued like nothing happened. Bruce and Janick did a lot of stage interaction the first two years after he returned.

'99 and '00 (incl. RiR despite it technically being '01) were very much transition years considering how active Davey still was on stage compared to how he was in the 80s and after that. '99 as a whole is just 90s Maiden but Bruce attempts to sing at the ridiculous tempos they were pulling and H is also there.

What the fuck? Is he really saying baby on stage? Did they replace Bruce with a replicant sometime in 2015 or what?

I'll maybe give those highlights a watch tomorrow but I've got my stagg do to attend first. Will probably be a bit of a mess by the time I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back