The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden are set 100%. Trooper, Number of the Beast, Hallowed are very likely. Maybe one replaced by 2 Minutes and Wrathchild as classic No. 6. I think with the focus on Somewhere in Time there should be already enough deep cuts. Realistically not more to expect? And actually I don't mind either.
Fear of the dark
Iron Maiden
the trooper
Number of the beast. Those are 100% sure. the rest they can appear and disapear

I don't know about family, dont really have that insight in relationships. All bands loose members, I just strike me as weird that the band would call it a day if Nicko retired. They didn't hesitate to replace Adrian before and the band would do fine without Janick.

By 2027 all the band members are 70+ bar Bruce
really sad how time flies.....im still living the dream that bruce has returned to Maiden LOL

Having a new drummer would be the softest "blow" to the lineup. As much as I love Nicko it would be too weird not seeing any one of the Three Amigos up there. But just squash the idea of a replacement bassist. When Steve is done, Maiden is done. And they are likely done if they have to replace Bruce.
I think Janick gone would be the softest blow. You'd be left with the classic lineup. Mind as well play Powerslave and Piece of Mind in full next tour ;)

Having a new drummer would be the softest "blow" to the lineup. As much as I love Nicko it would be too weird not seeing any one of the Three Amigos up there. But just squash the idea of a replacement bassist. When Steve is done, Maiden is done. And they are likely done if they have to replace Bruce.
bruce and steve. without them there is no maiden. But i dont want them to end like judas priest. I prefer them to record albums from time to time and maybe 5 shows per year and we go to were they play in a really big show.
Can you imagine. 5 shows in London in a big stadium. thats all.

If they do drop NOTB for a deeper cut from the album, then I really hope it's 22AA since it's been ages and they've talked about wanting to play it again god knows how many times now. The Prisoner was played all throughout 2012-14, CotD 2016-17, but 22AA was only on one tour in '03 and even then it wasn't played at every show since they were doing the co-headlining thing in the US.
I would love to hear 22AA again, it is a very good song from Number.

But I fear they will play Total Eclipse as it was released as a "single" lately. I sure hope not, as Maiden have so many great songs to play instead. But we know Steve love it.

bruce and steve. without them there is no maiden. But i dont want them to end like judas priest. I prefer them to record albums from time to time and maybe 5 shows per year and we go to were they play in a really big show.
Can you imagine. 5 shows in London in a big stadium. thats all.
Yeah it's crazy to think Judas Priest exists today as a version without Glenn TIpton and KK Downing. I could live with a version featuring KK and Faulkner, but I really understand why they got rid of Andy Sneap for a while. I remember seeing them back in 2009, good times!

Not necessarily. I can picture with ease Adrian Smith taking the reigns and lead Maiden to exciting paths.
Of course this to happen would require an almost formal handover from Steve /Rod which is not likely.
Adrian has by far the greatest creative potential from them all since more than 10 years if not 20.

I could see Maiden go on without Steve. Just look at Judas Priest, the principial songwriters are not playing live with the band anymore, only the lyricist.

I could see Maiden go on without Steve. Just look at Judas Priest, the principial songwriters are not playing live with the band anymore, only the lyricist.
I say no way. Priest isn’t the same imo. This is Steve’s band. I would prefer the go out with the current fella- any subs (save maybe Nicko) would just be a bummer. No way would Smith go through the hassle of a ‘handover’ what would be the benefit? All the maiden baggage and expectations of fans?! That would be artistically suffocating. No way- Smith move on and do his own thing.

I say no way. Priest isn’t the same imo. This is Steve’s band. I would prefer the go out with the current fella- any subs (save maybe Nicko) would just be a bummer. No way would Smith go through the hassle of a ‘handover’ what would be the benefit? All the maiden baggage and expectations of fans?! That would be artistically suffocating. No way- Smith move on and do his own thing.
if im not mistaken, Glenn is the legal owner of Priest = his band.

I think people are deluding themselves if they're seriously thinking anyone's getting replaced and the band keeps going. At best you might get a tour with a stand-in drummer if for whatever reason Nicko can't perform anymore.

There used to be a point where him being the oldest made a replacement theoretically worthwhile but now they're all getting up there and even a full replacement would likely net them one extra tour cycle at best before somebody else in the band says enough. At which point it would just be ridiculous to get another replacement member.

if im not mistaken, Glenn is the legal owner of Priest = his band.
No, it's owned by the four classic members, although they removed KK from the board of directors and rendered his 25% shares useless by defacto restructuring the business. I think they started to run the revenue through a different company or something like that to keep him out of the bottom line after he went on his slander parade. Glenn has been the one in primary control since the reunion or so though, forming a team with the acting manager Jayne (who has been that since the 80's), and supposedly went into a relationship with her, but that hasn't credibly been verified.

At which point it would just be ridiculous to get another replacement member.
Isnt this basically every band from the 70s?

No, it's owned by the four classic members, although they removed KK from the board of directors and rendered his 25% shares useless. I think they started to run the revenue through a different company or something like that to keep him out of the bottom line after he went on his slander parade.
Still a fairly similar situation to Iron Maiden if Steve couldn't play live. The two songwriters that owns 50% of the band are not playing live...

Reactions: Yax
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back