The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could definitely see Maiden play 14 songs this year. Gig lasting between 100 and 105 minutes.

RTTH won't be played for sure, they stopped playing it during album tours.

So, since this is a half album, half hits tour they're going to play half the song...

1519230368-giphy-7.gif

:D

I could definitely see Maiden play 14 songs this year. Gig lasting between 100 and 105 minutes.
I'd rather get 15-16 even if they have to drop an epic. Even knowing there would be a second encore with Aces High last year, Iron Maiden kicking in as the 11th song just made me think "Wait, already?"

I know the band used to do only 13 songs or so back in the 80s, but for what I'm paying now in 2023, there's a point where you feel shortchanged for a show with one headliner.

Given that most of my favorite songs fall into the longer side, I would actually prefer 14 songs over 15-16, as long as the length in minutes is the same. Casual fans probably wouldn't agree with me there though.

I'd rather get 15-16 even if they have to drop an epic. Even knowing there would be a second encore with Aces High last year, Iron Maiden kicking in as the 11th song just made me think "Wait, already?"

I know the band used to do only 13 songs or so back in the 80s, but for what I'm paying now in 2023, there's a point where you feel shortchanged for a show with one headliner.

I agree. Anything less than 15 songs with those ticket prices would be a rip-off.

I’m sure they will be, but I think the Future Past tour will be the last tour of the reunion era line-up.
Depends on health, IMO. They will continue for as long as they feel like they can deliver a good performance. If the bar can't be reached, they'll stop. I think they still have a few years, if they choose the songs wisely (those that don't suffer being slowed down a bit).

I’m sure they will be, but I think the Future Past tour will be the last tour of the reunion era line-up.
They might wanna fill any line-up gaps, if nescessary, with some ladies from various female Maiden cover bands - Bruce Chickinson, Adriana Smith, Janine Gers, Stephanie Harris & Nicola McBrain. And maybe there'll be even some space for Denise Stratton.

What line up changes you suppose to happen then? And what in detail makes you think so?
This tour will go on until 2024, then they will record an album and that tour can happen in 2025 at the earliest. At that point the entire band will be pushing 70, except for Nico who will be pushing 75. It's just statistics, I can't tell you what lineup change will occur but it isnt likley that they all will continue to tour well into their 70's. But no one would be happier if they did than I! We've been incredibly lucky with the longevity of this lineup, but Maiden will push through a lineup change just like they always done. Priest has done it, Yes is hanging on, Sabbath did it, Mötley Crüe just did.

Depends on health, IMO. They will continue for as long as they feel like they can deliver a good performance. If the bar can't be reached, they'll stop. I think they still have a few years, if they choose the songs wisely (those that don't suffer being slowed down a bit).
Agree. It's all down to luck. It would be amazing if we got another album cycle with this lineup in 2025-2026. This is the best lineup in heavy metal. The songwriting, the performances... its incredible.

They might wanna fill any line-up gaps, if nescessary, with some ladies from various female Maiden cover bands - Bruce Chickinson, Adriana Smith, Janine Gers, Stephanie Harris & Nicola McBrain. And maybe there'll be even some space for Denise Stratton.
Joe Lazarus will be the next Iron Maiden drummer unless they prefer someone closer in age. It pains me to say this, but if a guitarist quits I think George Harris will replace him. Considering the fact that Tony Newton is active with KK's Priest, he could be a potential future bassist...

Last edited:
Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden are set 100%. Trooper, Number of the Beast, Hallowed are very likely. Maybe one replaced by 2 Minutes and Wrathchild as classic No. 6. I think with the focus on Somewhere in Time there should be already enough deep cuts. Realistically not more to expect? And actually I don't mind either.
I guess we can expect at least one more surprise in the setlist (besides the SIT deep cuts), but I think you're right. Classic No. 6 could replace one of the other 5 big classics. The setlist should be 15 songs, no less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back