Your Maiden blasphemy

Ok but wildest dreams, Final Frontier, speed of light and death or glory are all meeeeeeh.
Speed of light is a song I look forward to
Final frontier is a very good song especially jorns version. The original version has sound layering problems and a stupid intro
Wd and dog I wouldn't miss if I never heard them again

Adrian Smith tends to do like Kirk Hammet, at least since the reunion, that is adding some (most of the time) unnecessary wah-wah on his solos to make them sound cooler.

Adrian Smith tends to do like Kirk Hammet, at least since the reunion, that is adding some (most of the time) unnecessary wah-wah on his solos to make them sound cooler.
But he is removing wah from some of them. Kirk Hammet plays a lot of wah to hide his sloppyness which is an effective way. Also H is using the wah quite differenly. He is shaping the notes with adding/removing top end with it.

Comparing Adrian Smith to Kirk Hammett must have ripped the time-space continuum, causing chaotic movements of particles between dimensions. Expect irregular occurrences, unseen natural phenomena, and a double Sabaton album dedicated to My Little Pony.

And a little inhabitated planet with harmless creatures in a far far galaxy has just been sucked into a black hole.

I think AMOLAD and Brave New World are better than Piece of Mind and Powerslave.

I appreciate that this may not be quite so blasphemous on this forum, but it will send any given loudwire commenter into a frenzy of "they've sucked since 1986" and "You wouldn't understand, you're too young", whilst stating you are objectively wrong and that Bruce's vocals on LAD are superior to all that followed.

"they've sucked since [1992]"
"You wouldn't understand, you're too young"
Bruce's vocals on LAD are superior to all that followed.
My dad used to think more or less like that, it was very irritating. Recently, though, after years, he gave the entire discography another listen, and, while still complaining about some weaker spots here and there (some of them quite blasphemous, like preferring both "Gates of Tomorrow" and "New Frontier" over "Paschendale", which he nearly despised), he actually admitted that none of the albums downright sucked. I was quite happy to hear that, after hearing him complain about recent Maiden for ages. :p

Last edited:
I think AMOLAD and Brave New World are better than Piece of Mind and Powerslave.

I appreciate that this may not be quite so blasphemous on this forum, but it will send any given loudwire commenter into a frenzy of "they've sucked since 1986" and "You wouldn't understand, you're too young", whilst stating you are objectively wrong and that Bruce's vocals on LAD are superior to all that followed.
I actually half agree. AMOLAD is better than Powerslave and maybe even PoM. BNW is definitely better than Powerslave.

I dunno how blasphemous this really is (and I think I've voiced this opinion before) but I believe Powerslave is a bit overrated and doesn't really hold up next to some of the other golden era albums. It's got four great songs, but also four rather dull ones that are really just okay. And even then I have problems with almost all of the tracks. Rime is too repetitive for its length, AH has some crummy lyrics in the second verse, 2MTM sounds a bit lifeless on the album and Powerslave, well, that one's basically perfect. I also think the production on it is worse than PoM or SiT.

I actually half agree. AMOLAD is better than Powerslave and maybe even PoM. BNW is definitely better than Powerslave.

I dunno how blasphemous this really is (and I think I've voiced this opinion before) but I believe Powerslave is a bit overrated and doesn't really hold up next to some of the other golden era albums. It's got four great songs, but also four rather dull ones that are really just okay. And even then I have problems with almost all of the tracks. Rime is too repetitive for its length, AH has some crummy lyrics in the second verse, 2MTM sounds a bit lifeless on the album and Powerslave, well, that one's basically perfect. I also think the production on it is worse than PoM or SiT.

I agree.

Powerslave was my number one album at one point, but it has dropped quite significantly. Aces, Duelists, Powerslave and Rime are all killer, BITV and FOTB have their moments but are mostly just "fine" and 2MTM and Losfer Words aren't all that. My dislike of 2MTM is probably another blasphemy.

Personally I'm really not big on LAD. I think Bruce's vocals are really strained and I hate the sound of it, it sounds so light and fluffy and Nicko's drums sound strangely weak. I don't understand how people say they much prefer it to the studio version. Idk if that's a shared opinion here or not but if not that's my blasphemy

Back