Your Maiden blasphemy

I find it interesting that some reviews claim Book of Souls as the best since 7th Son, when I'll take all 4 reunion albums in a heartbeat over 7th Son. And possibly Virtual XI too.

Pom/poweslave/DOD/ssoass. All perfection. Amolad/tnotb/sit. 9/10 .
Killers/bnw/8/10. Ff 7/10. Im 6/10
Fod/no prayer X factor virtual around 5. I'm thinking BOS may get a whole new category wherein the denominator is a smaller number....:innocent:

Cipwm is the weakest song on an otherwise super stellar album. The prophesy is excellent and has really become a favorite of mine over time. Having madness as a single and setlist semi-staple kinda blows my mind. Doesn't represent the album well.

Am I the only one who is completely underwhelmed by the last 3 songs on 7th Son? That's why I rate this album so low in Maiden's history. To me the album feels like a perfect 5 song EP with 3 bonus tracks that are just good, not great.

If TXF gets a 9/10 how should SSOASS be rated??? 20 /10?!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is completely underwhelmed by the last 3 songs on 7th Son? That's why I rate this album so low in Maiden's history. To me the album feels like a perfect 5 song EP with 3 bonus tracks that are just good, not great.

CIPWM and Prophecy are undoubtedly the weakest songs on the album. The last two tracks are brilliant.

I feel like I am in the minority in saying The Prophecy is a great song. I would give it a 10/10. I love the groove, the riffs and the acoustic outro.

Back