Your Maiden blasphemy

Rainmaker wasn't one of my favorites, Age of Innocence is very close to a ten for me. I find NML as an awesome song, it's currently my favorite from maiden.

Dityn DJ James said:
Rainmaker wasn't one of my favorites, Age of Innocence is very close to a ten for me. I find NML as an awesome song, it's currently my favorite from maiden.
Rainmaker took awhile to grow on me but I think it has the best guitar work on the whole album. I never liked NML. It takes too long to build up and all it builds up is a repetative chorus. I thought seeing it live would make me like it more, but it didn't.

Mosh said:
Rainmaker took awhile to grow on me but I think it has the best guitar work on the whole album. I never liked NML. It takes too long to build up and all it builds up is a repetative chorus. I thought seeing it live would make me like it more, but it didn't.

Could not have said it better, my thoughts exactly. Big buildup, no payoff.

Chartwell said:
Yeah, I'd agree with that. Some of my fav songs, including Dream of Mirrors and Thin Line, but some real stinkers on there. IMHO.

Haha, I've posted this numerous times but Dream of Mirrors is quite easily one of my least favorite Maiden songs.  I just can't get into it.
Babo 91 said:
Its too early to tell because ive only started listening to the album recently but

The Chemical Wedding is a more consistent, spectular, heavy and powerful album than anything maiden have done. This view could soon change though. I bet Bruce was absolutely gutted that his solo career didnt exactly work.

It's heavier and darker, but I don't think it's better.  Shoot, I don't even think it's better than Accident of Birth which I've always preferred over Chemical Wedding.  I think I might even prefer Skunkworks over it as well.  Seriously, Bruce's "not trying to sound like Maiden at all" albums are awesome. 

Is it OK to like Run Silent, Run Deep?

Not that big a fan of 7th Son, or even (whisper it) Hallowed either....or maybe I'm just getting a bit tired of it being played every.single.time

Now that I have to disagree with. I think PE#1 is the best off No Prayer, and there are a few songs that I thought were better from the 90's such as these three:

Sign Of The Cross
Man On The Edge
When Two Worlds Collide (I'm sure nobody will agree with that though. :/)

Run Silent Run Deep is my 4th favourite from No Prayer, and IMO every song from the blaze albums besides maybe Angel beats it, as well as about 4 from FOTD.

IMO everything from the 90's beats all but 2 from FOTD. :p

The first three songs from Brave New World are all overrated, but despite this the album is one of Maiden's greatest.

I think Montsegur confounds me. Everybody seems to like it but it just seems to repetitive to me. I think When Two Worlds Collide is a great song with an awesome chorus but a lot of people bash it. :edmetal:

Back