Your Maiden blasphemy

Most of these clash with my daily song ratings, but my opnions change. Most of them were first impressions.

I like Quest for Fire, Sun and Steel, Gangland, Losfer Words, Charlotte and most of NPFTD. I think that Total Eclipse is brilliant.
Killers is one of the best albums!
Loneliness is the true masterpiece of SIT.
I don't really outright hate or dislike any VIX songs. Don't Look is a good song in my opnion. So is A&G.
Can I Play With Madness is awesome.
Flash of the Blade & Back in the Village are great songs! Not fillers!
Invaders is great opener!

I think that Maiden's signature song, Iron Maiden, is one crappy song compared to the rest of Maiden's catalogue.

Reactions: jcv
That's not blasphemy, everyone thinks that - apart from the "fans who voted for it" for Ed Hunter. :ninja:

My blasphemy would be that I absolutely despise Phantom of the Opera and everything about it. Also, I think AMOLAD is one of the band's weaker albums. Oh, plus, I don't get what's the big deal about When the Wild Wind Blows.

I never really liked POTO too much either, but I don't hate it. Its still a great song :)

LooseCannon said:
According to Bruce, you don't like Iron Maiden. GTFO.

:ninja:

Yeah, I know. I actually heard those words live in Poland during the Early Days tour. :D Oh well, guess I'll be going then...

:ninja:

Ranko said:
My blasphemy would be that I absolutely despise Phantom of the Opera and everything about it.

Keep your distance, buddy, just walk away. I'm not taking your bait.

Ranko said:
That's not blasphemy, everyone thinks that - apart from the "fans who voted for it" for Ed Hunter. :ninja:

Also, I think AMOLAD is one of the band's weaker albums. Oh, plus, I don't get what's the big deal about When the Wild Wind Blows.

How can you be so wrong (re: Phantom), but so right about the others?

This topic is fun!

I prefer the Live After Death versions of most of the songs on the album better than the original album versions.

The Talisman and the Alchemist are way better then Starblind & The Isle of Avalon

Virtual XI and the X-Factor do not exist except as names recalling the Dark Times

Eddies Wingman said:
How does this constitute blasphemy? LAD is brilliant.

Figured many would prefer the album originals as the only one I've heard others mention as better on LAD was Flight of Icarus.

Yax said:
I think that Maiden's signature song, Iron Maiden, is one crappy song compared to the rest of Maiden's catalogue.
You too?
Ranko said:
My blasphemy would be that I absolutely despise Phantom of the Opera and everything about it.
Just wait until Black Thunder reads this. And I love that song. Its great, seeing it in 2005 was equally great.

And I would think blasphemy is something you dislike, rather than something you like but most don't.

Stallion Duck said:
And I would think blasphemy is something you dislike, rather than something you like but most don't.

I think its any opinion you hold about Maiden that goes against the vast majority of this forum.

Absolutely love this thread, and love the fact that everyone is so respectful of these unorthodox views. Reading many other threads, I think I'm out of step with the mainstream on a few things, and thus quite the blasphemer:

NOTB is a song that was so promising but (as I've written elsewhere) degenerates into "oooo, we're spooky and evil." I think it's crap

Paschendale is good, but not worth everyone's love. That being said, I think Montsegur is a better song and far too underrated. Gates of Tomorrow kind of ricks too  :edmetal:

The Alchemist is a solid song, and the most easily accessible on TFF. The title track is kind of crap, too.

I love the Duellists and pretty much every other song that's been called filler on Powerslave, and think 2 Minutes 2 Midnight is kind of overrated.

Run Silent Run Deep is just a fabulous song, as is Public Enema Number One.

I agree with most that FOTD is horrible. But Here to Eternity? Legendary.

Oh, and Moonchild is pretty crap too :)  :lol:

Chartwel said:
NOTB is a song that was so promising but (as I've written elsewhere) degenerates into "oooo, we're spooky and evil." I think it's crap

I love the Duellists and pretty much every other song that's been called filler on Powerslave, and think 2 Minutes 2 Midnight is kind of overrated.

But From Here to Eternity? Legendary.

I agree with that :)

Back