Your Maiden blasphemy

ROTAM is by far Maiden's most overrated song. It's not even the best on it's own album. I put it behind Powerslave and Aces High easily.
It's a good song, no doubt, but it's far more repetitive than many post-reunion songs that get criticized for that.

Especially the middle section with the bass and volume swells. It's cool at first, but just goes on forever without any change.

I'm not sure if that's an unpopular opinion as much as it's just proven over time to be a fact.

Reactions: jcv
Speaking of unpopular opinions, Angry Metal Guy is doing a list of Maiden albums from worst to best and there's some controversial placement in their for sure:

No. 15-13
No. 12-10
No. 9-7
No. 6-4

I don't really agree with a lot of his placement, but he makes some very well thought-out arguments.

While I don't necessarily agree with all the placements either, those articles could well be the most well-written and well reasoned pieces ever written about the Maiden catalogue.

While I don't necessarily agree with all the placements either, those articles could well be the most well-written and well reasoned pieces ever written about the Maiden catalogue.

Absolutely, hence why I found it worth sharing. His arguments for the Blaze albums are incredibly intriguing.

i don't care how this dude rates the albums but to rip the lyrics of npftd and then praise the lyrics of x factor seems a little bit INSANE

Back