Your Maiden blasphemy

I quite like Gangland. It's far from their best song, but it blows Total Eclipse out of the water.

Invaders might have been the best fast song by Maiden if the Chorus wouldn't be so horrid

Invaders might have been the best fast song by Maiden if the Chorus wouldn't be so horrid

I think the vocals overall are horrible on that track. They feel out of place. A bassline that has a very good shot at being Steve Harris' greatest of all time was wasted by having turned into a mediocre song.

I think the vocals overall are horrible on that track. They feel out of place. A bassline that has a very good shot at being Steve Harris' greatest of all time was wasted by having turned into a mediocre song.
Sad but True, although To Tame a Land's bassline tops it just by an inch ( which I think is a worse song than Invaders)

Agreed. Such cool music, such absolutely horrible vocals. Worst Maiden chorus ever, IMO.

Ok here we go,

Iron Maiden: Strange World is better than Remember Tomorrow.

Killers: Better album than their first album.

Number of the Beast: Run to the Hills is fantastic, just over-played. Gangland is catchy especially the bridge.

Piece of Mind: To Tame a Land is the worst song on the album.

Powerslave: Flash of the Blade and The Duellists are my two favorite songs on the album.

Somewhere In Time: The Loneliness of the Long Distant Runner is better than Alexander the Great.

SSOASS: Infinite Dreams is the best Maiden song of all time!!!!!!!

No Prayer For the Dying: Good album. All the songs offer something to like.

Fear of the Dark: The Apparition is a GREAT song! Fear is the Key is Maiden's worst song ever.

The X Factor: Judgment of Heaven is my favorite song here.

Virtual XI: A better album than the X Factor. Yes, I just said that.

Brave New World: Blood Brothers is a good song but overrated. The best smelling booklet too! Although it may be the only one with a scent.

Dance of Death: Age of Innocence is a great song. Heck, it may well be my favorite album of their last four.

A Matter of Life and Death: FOTGGOG is the best on there. Lord of Light is the worst.

The Final Frontier: WTWWB is good but I was hoping for more. I always fast forward through Satellite 15

Have at it...

If Maiden where able to write -today - a rocker that is half as good as Invaders,I would be a happy old f#$k

I hear you there. The propulsive roll of Burr's drums followed by the lovely noodly bassline that Harris follows it up with is the perfect way to start the album, allowing you to explode with excitement just in time for Maiden's most monumental release. It's so unfortunate that the rest of the song fails to live up to that intro. In large part because of "Invaders", I have always found that NOTB as an album is slightly uneven. The second half might just be the greatest set of Maiden songs ever (once you get over how overplayed they are, they're unbelievable tracks) but the bump in the road that is "Gangland" really lets it down. Side one is good of course, particularly 22 Acacia Avenue (one of my favourite songs ever) but if you skip "Invaders", the first track you hear is "Children of the Damned". Great song and all but not really what you want to kick off an album. I feel similarly about Piece of Mind, which starts of with an incredible set of songs, and then plummets downhill on side two. I mean the bass line to "To Tame A Land" holds it together nicely and I can enjoy that one when in the mood but certain things about it just aren't to snuff. I like "Stiff Life" though but with the two tracks sandwiched between those and the flawed elements "To Tame A Land" really make it a wonky effort. It's not until Powerslave when the Brucey era is perfected for me.

See, I think gangland fits the album much better than total eclipse, and Is a better song. although I do think TE is great. Here's one: 2 min 2 mid has become my least favorite track off PS...

Back